Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ seats electric to manual

MURT53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
Hi, can anyone tell me if electric and manual front seats are the same minus the seat rails?

Electric have the motorised back rest and the manual seats have the turn knob down near the seat base. Can these be interchanged?

I’m trying to fit sedan 6 way electric seats to a ute but wanting to convert them back to manual seats as the utes don’t have the harness for electric seats. I already have the manual seat rails but unsure whether the backrest can be converted to manual also.

15BBAC1F-D21B-4E90-996F-2DF36700F966.jpeg
00D0FB94-8E50-4225-A362-1D0DE6C89BE9.jpeg

Last edited:

2Com

$$$ talks Bullshit walks
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Electric seats CAN be used with a manual seat rail but (as ur pic shows) they would be missing the reclining function (both the forward and back reclining ability)

MURT53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
Thanks for the response. Just digging around on the net it looks like the electric recline can’t be converted to manual without disassembling the whole seat completely.

I guess i’ll have to figure out how to wire in these seats as they are. The VZ utes had only drivers seat 4 way electrics (seat base up/down) whereas my new seats are full 8 way electric.

2Com

$$$ talks Bullshit walks
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
You only have to supply battery power to make these work in your Ute.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
You need ute seats in a ute, sedan seats don't fold forward far enough to gain access behind them.

MURT53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
Is that it? Just as long as each seat has positive and ground for full 8 way movement? Easy.

2Com

$$$ talks Bullshit walks
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ

MURT53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
You need ute seats in a ute, sedan seats don't fold forward far enough to gain access behind them.
I didn’t think of this. I’ll be happy with the limited forward recline for now. I doubt i’ll ever find a pair of VZ Maloo seats ever.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I didn’t think of this. I’ll be happy with the limited forward recline for now. I doubt i’ll ever find a pair of VZ Maloo seats ever.

Probably not too bad in a VZ, its a bummer in a VE/VF when trying to change a battery or get to the jack pack.