Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Shaking Problem

Marsz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Is it harmonic (comes and goes) or continual. ?
If possible borrow a set of no vibratey wheels off another car to try to rule out wheels.
And check play in wheel bearings at the same time.
And don't think balancing wheels will rule out wheel problems.
I had the wheels on my wife's car balanced and it was worse than before so I took it back and they redid them much better.
Took my own car in for rotate and balance and watched as the lazy fitter balanced only the ones going to front.
Needless to say I am never going back to them again.
You mentioned inspecting unis but has the tailshaft been balanced after replacing the centre bearing ?
I believe you need someone who has been around cars for a while, not mechanic because they are usually too busy to chase vibrations.
What part of Brisbane are you.
I took it in and was told it was my wheels, so I changed to new ones, then I was told it's my struts, so got new o ed put in, then I was told it's your socks, so I put new ones in and so on and so on

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I took it in and was told it was my wheels, so I changed to new ones, then I was told it's my struts, so got new o ed put in, then I was told it's your socks, so I put new ones in and so on and so on
I understand what you are going through, nothing worse than vibrations, been there, done that, but you have not answered my questions.
If you were up here, I am retired and happy for you to use my wheels and I have trolly jack compressor rattle gun stands etc etc but you have to do the work because I have recently had a hip replaced.
Sometimes it can be as simple as replacing engine mounts if the vibration is harmonic.
My offer Your call.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What do the revs do?
A failing torque converter can shudder.

Drive shaft centre bearings too.

1:20 in this:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Gearbox mounts. Engine mounts would be good to check.

Then moving on to looking at the transmission with a service and flush, or at least checking fluid levels. Get someone to look at how things are inside as best as they can.

Marsz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Is it harmonic (comes and goes) or continual. ?
If possible borrow a set of no vibratey wheels off another car to try to rule out wheels.
And check play in wheel bearings at the same time.
And don't think balancing wheels will rule out wheel problems.
I had the wheels on my wife's car balanced and it was worse than before so I took it back and they redid them much better.
Took my own car in for rotate and balance and watched as the lazy fitter balanced only the ones going to front.
Needless to say I am never going back to them again.
You mentioned inspecting unis but has the tailshaft been balanced after replacing the centre bearing ?
I believe you need someone who has been around cars for a while, not mechanic because they are usually too busy to chase vibrations.
What part of Brisbane are you.
No the vibration does not come and go it's constant.

Marsz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
OP said centre bearing replaced.
Well
I understand what you are going through, nothing worse than vibrations, been there, done that, but you have not answered my questions.
If you were up here, I am retired and happy for you to use my wheels and I have trolly jack compressor rattle gun stands etc etc but you have to do the work because I have recently had a hip replaced.
Sometimes it can be as simple as replacing engine mounts if the vibration is harmonic.
My offer Your call.
Thank you for the offer, but I have replaced with bran new 3 times at $1600 a pop

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
has the car been in a smash before, and repaird

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
does the vibration increase with the speed you travel?