Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ side indicator vents

mcnmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS manual wagon
Just wondering if anyone has put VZ indicator vents on their car??
i think i saw a white sedan driving round with them the other day and they looked pretty nice..:thumbsup:
how would you go about fitting them? is the vz white paint the same as a vs white?
thanks

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VS white is normally Alaskan, VZ is Heron. So no, they are not the same. Even if they were, its 11-15 years of paint fade on a VS so it wouldn't match properly anyway. Also, this has been covered many times, so try using the search button :thumbsup:

Anyway, heres a picture of them on my car:
DSC_0242.jpg
DSC_0235.jpg

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
VS white is normally Alaskan, VZ is Heron. So no, they are not the same. Even if they were, its 11-15 years of paint fade on a VS so it wouldn't match properly anyway. Also, this has been covered many times, so try using the search button :thumbsup:

Anyway, heres a picture of them on my car:
DSC_0242.jpg
DSC_0235.jpg

that actually looks pretty good..i thought it wouldn't but i was wrong:thumbsup:

also i saw what could be a cool mod, has any1 seen the new camery side indicators?? they are super streamline and would look awesome on a commodore...however u would have to patch up the existing hole in the guard as these are very small...i'll try and get a pic...

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
ok so trying to find a pic but it seems the overseas models dont have side indicators :bang: anyways they look good even tho its a camery part lol

mcnmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS manual wagon
thanks, did a quick search but couldnt find anything,
ur car looks mad!
i assume you filled the gaps where they fitted into the car and then re-sprayed?
how much did the respray cost?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
thanks, did a quick search but couldnt find anything,
ur car looks mad!
i assume you filled the gaps where they fitted into the car and then re-sprayed?
how much did the respray cost?

Yeah, the gaps were filled with fibreglass. Respray was $150 a panel (so $300 all up).

mcnmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS manual wagon
also i saw what could be a cool mod, has any1 seen the new camery side indicators?? they are super streamline and would look awesome on a commodore...however u would have to patch up the existing hole in the guard as these are very small...i'll try and get a pic...

yeah ur right they are a really smooth shape..
for the troube it would be worth i think id just stick to the clear indicators u can buy which are made for commodores..

Yeah, the gaps were filled with fibreglass. Respray was $150 a panel (so $300 all up).

thanks for that might have a look into it.. they dont look "stuck on" at all which is what i was affraid of.
thanks for the help
:bow:

RedGoesFaster97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S II
Hey, im hoping for the same on my car, i have searched but cant come up with anything really helpfull, how would one go about having these vents put on a VS??

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
this is probly an old topic but its worth a try and i dont want to just create another topic just for a simple question... so my question is how much would it be costing to buy the flutes get the guard work done.