Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Sometimes cranks but doesn't fire

ONROADYNO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Help!! VZ Allotec started to have no life when I turned the key at all today. After turning the key on and off it started a few times.
I "thought" it was an ignition switch and in the process of reinstalling the barrel. the barrel locked up and I have started to drill out barrel.
Using the ignition switch, I have the same problem. I key it on, all dash lights etc but no power. Sometimes it cranks but wont start.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
maybe look down the path os starter relay clean terminals on starter motor get battery tested after trying to clean battery terminals ..could try jumping it if that works then you definately got a low or rooted battery

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Do as ant said above first.
I have had a game with my VZ over the last couple of years and have had a similar problem on and off
i.e turns over but does not start unless I remove the key, reinsert, and try again.
I changed the battery in the remote and all good again.
If you have a spare remote try it or maybe change the battery in the remote.
Costs next to nothing so worth a try.
All I used was a cheap battery, not rechargable, in a pack of 5 for about $3.50 in fact the one I fitted a week ago was from the same pack, so at least 3 years old.