Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Check Powertrain and Traction Control always off?

mcosm1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
Hi guys this is my first time posting so go easy on me.

So as the title says, whenever I start my car up the engine light (check powertrain) comes on and then the traction control automatically turns itself off as well. I don't mind the traction control being off all the time but it's just frustrating. I've recently had my VZ SS 6.0L (L76 motor) tuned from Gozilla motorsport in Brisbane, and before that I had put an exhaust system on, extractors, cats and from the cats back. I was told by the guys at the exhaust shop that replacing the cats would turn the engine light on because they are euro4 cats standard? Anyways it did come on, so I went to get it tuned, it was fine for a few weeks and then all of a sudden the engine light came back on and now my traction control is always off as well... Can someone shed some light on this for me? I've checked all the fuses, taken the battery out overnight, checked my maf, etc. but still can't find anything? HELP?!

Mitch

mcosm1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
Also, I should mention that now it's been really changing gears hard (its an auto). Not sure if this is related or what? But still please help!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
take it back to the tuner, see if they can check it for you for free. with the trans, when you had it tuned, they may have touched up the transmission shift points etc, but another thing to discuss with your tuner

director

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
im having the exact same problem,i have a stock standard vz ss,6ltr auto,its sat in my garage for the last week as the radiator had a crack,i replaced it today and started it up and the check powertrain warning came up and traction control is off and i cant turn it back on(button unresponsive)warmed it up check the tran fluid and its perfect,took it down the road and the gear changes are very violent aka near brakes traction!! as i said its stock standard so im really confused,i rangholden they just want me to bring it in for diognostics HELP

director

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
fixed my issue,i didnt plug somthing back in,not sure what it is but there is a plug along the induction pipe,underneath close to the airbox,because it wasnt pluged in it was doing all of the above,i pluged it back in and started it and still threw off the same warnings but gearbox wasnt being aggresive so i thought id take batt terminal off and put it bk on a minute later and now its running perfect,no warnings and its smooth BUT new radiator is leaking lol :(

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Probably the MAF not connected.

If the tune was a mafless tune the tuner hasnt tuned it properly.

director

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
Probably the MAF not connected.

If the tune was a mafless tune the tuner hasnt tuned it properly.

yes thats what it was (sorry blank) dad pulled the radiator out and i put it back in so i didnt see that wire hiding and it escaped my mind,so if i had the exact same problem because the maf wasnt hooked up then u can asume your tuner has done somthing wrong if it was a mafless tune

daves ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6ltr
i had that problem with the traction control wouldnt tune on and changing gear rough put a new battery in it and it was fine

stix140

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2006 SS ute
Im also having the same problem with my VZ SS 6ltr auto, it's stock standard and i havent changed anything. *check powertrain* alert comes on and changing gears is very clunky. Just started happening last night. Im not technical and havent had it recently tuned, when I rung Holden they just said to bring it in to diagnose. Please help.

SSFUNKEL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX 202, VR BT1, VZ SS 6.0 GEN IV
Yeah this has happened to me off and on for the last few years (TRAC OFF) (CHECK POWERTRAIN) (NO HAZARDS) Now happens nearly all the time it's had previous work for same problem Pim>to>bcm. Anyone work out a sure fix for this problem? Holdens fobbed me off till the warranty ran out , now it happens nearly every time i drive also shifts hard and idles funny No hazards which holdens refused to honour under warranty also! Which i thought was just dangerous. No traction, shifts hard, lose it smash no hazards should be a recall sounds like a few people have traction and hazard issues any help/suggestions appreciated. Cheers, Tod.