Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Climate Control

X

xcapee

Was climate control a standard that was fitted on all VZ SS's ? Cos mine didnt have it. Personally I think it makes the centre console too flat and plain but was wondering if i was ripped off.

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure on this but I think you need to tick the leather & climate option box to get it (combined RPO, you can't have one without the other).

Do you have leather?

X

xcapee

nope i dont have leather
as far as i know, leather is a $$$ optional whilst climate control is standard

B

bdcmedia

It definately was not a standard. I had to pay about $2,500 extra but it comes a package along with the leather seats and trim. Im very glad I got it now!

If you bought one of the '04 plated ones recently during the sales you would have got it free, sadly I bought mine in Dec '04!!!

Brett

X

xcapee

hmmm must be a 2005 VZ thing then because its got standard in the Holden Commodore pamphlet/brochure thing. That would probably explain it not being in my car as mine is a November 2004 plated.

Utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II Monaro CV8 Redhot
It is a 2005 plate thing, all 05 SS come with climate standard.
Holden did have earlier this year a run out of 04 plated stock that had the climate for "free".
Holden changed a few things for 05, also the S Utes now come with 17" wheels standard (were 16").

R

rev

xcapee said:
Was climate control a standard that was fitted on all VZ SS's ? Cos mine didnt have it. Personally I think it makes the centre console too flat and plain but was wondering if i was ripped off.
i brought an 05 ss ute and it came wid climate control

S

Seth85

I got a '05 model, non leather and climate was standard. so i say its gonna be in all the new SS. i didnt think it had it, but low and behold it rolled off the truck with it.