Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Cold Air Intake/Short Shifter

Z

zzume

cikas said:
I had to get the 6.0L kit for the VZ. I originaly got the 5.7L K&n Kit and it just doesnt fit. There is no attachment for the Air sensor or the other hose..

The 6.0L GTO kit goes from the throtle body to your mass air sensor , then to your heat shield then onto your pod filter.. You can see on the picture the mass air sensor is on the heat shield.. All you need to do is rotate it 180 degrees to fit onto the heat shield
ITs made a definate improvement.. The box says i gives 15hp gain but i cant back anything up because I dont have a dyno at my place :D

And I havent had to calibrate the CPU either.. And its been to holden and they havent said anything about it..

Hope that helps
cikas

Hey There do you happen to have the part number for the k&n kit?

Thanks.

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Should be able to get it off the K&N website .

JUst remember its under GTO 6.0L

wablacksv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSV8M6
Be careful trying the 2nd hole mod on a VZ the radiator overflow filler is smack bang in the way of where you need to place the 2nd hole. WA performance recommend the Higgins CAI pod style has a black enamal stainless cover so the pod is enclosed and keeps the heat from the engine away. Check LS1 forum has been couple for sale in eastern states going for around $250 that's a couple hundred less than new.

wablacksv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSV8M6
Just to add the GM ripshift is way to go. Had one fitted week ago by WA performance. I have just recently had operation on left shoulder and heard would help. It has certainly made the shift smoother and easier. you can make changes in traffic much better with less effort. The shifter in first sits around where third was so you don't reach as far and it is not as far forward as before. First to second is just a simple click and second to third is a straight push forward the gate self centres. The harder you slam the shifter the better it gets. Yes there are more vibrations mind is in third, but it's probably to be expected as thhis type of shifter to a direct type rather than orig linkage type. The more expensive option but I can testify they do the job.

RIP IT.