Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chipz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ss crewman
Hey all I can not work out what is going on with my car and need as much advice and suggestions as I can get!
My 5.7 Crewman Auto has all of a sudden desided it wants to have a drop in rpm below idle every time i get off the gas and can stall because of this. When it does the "decel rpm drop" it drops from current rpm down well under idle then quickly back up slightly above then settles at idle (if that makes any sense). If any one can point me in the right direction that would be awesome as this is doing my head in.
Cheers all!

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Idle air control playing up or maybe dirty throttle boddy causing throttle plate to stick i would clean throttle body and iac if that doesnt work scan for codes

Chipz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ss crewman
[QUOTE="ant797Idle air control playing up or maybe dirty throttle boddy causing throttle plate to stick i would clean throttle body and iac if that doesnt work scan for codes[/QUOTE]
Ant797 I've checked & cleaned throttle body wasn't dirty, I think the VY's have problems with dirty throttle body's as they have the holes and stuff inside them where the vz does not. I've scanned and no codes, and I'm not sure on how to diagnose a crook IAC as the vz flyby dosent seem to have any replaceable parts on the throttle body unlike the vy that has the removable IAC on the side. So Dam frustrating this problem, I'm thinking maybe try the IDLE RELEARN procedure but am unsure if this works on the 5.7 ls1 VZ's

Chipz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ss crewman
downloadfile.jpg
VZ ls1 5.7 Fly By Wire throttle body

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Pretty sure can use any obd2 compadible obd2 scanner for the vz v8 can get a blue tooth dongle off ebay for 5 to ten bucks then just get torque light app for your phone sometimes takes some prodding to get it working keep going back into find error codes ..or pick up a cheap one from auto store if you dont dont to wait

Chipz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ss crewman
I've scanned for codes with a obd2 scanner and unfortunately no codes what so ever.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
I would do a search on this forum must be a common topic no one seems to be answering could try cleaning the maf if it has one

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
If you have a multimeter try testing the throttle position sensor look it up i dont remember how off hand but you set it to ohms and pull the throttle cable gradualy to check that its giving a consistent reading all the way through sometimes they get dead spots in them and need to be replaced