Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz ss exhaust options

S

stealthv8

whats the best possible system for power on a vz ss 5.7l?

S

stealthv8

no forced induction as of yet, thinking maffless tune, otr, pacies 4into1 non coated, 2.5inch stainless xforce dual system hiflow cats (metalic0 so they dont bust? or better to just gut ceramics? 3inch overkill? n some1 said that single 3" pipe is better than 2.5" dual.. bitta input tuners plz much appreciated

S

stealthv8

also are just 3" cats hiflow on a 2.5 dual system better than 2.5" cats on same system bigger better? or no back pressure?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
If you're looking at 'best possible power' as you say, you don't want X-Force. Look at a better quality cat-back. Also you want your cats to flow so 3-4" would be better than 2.5".

MerlinSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Commodore
or u can get a custom 1 made up i have a custom exhaust on my R31 Sedan from the headers to the tip and with out that bling on the end of them its all stealth and its 2 quarter standard cat is in place aswell

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Pacemaker, Whole 2.5" exhaust system for $2300.
Either that or Difillipo for about the same. I personally profer the sound from the Pacemaker system.

Xforce is cheap nasty ****...

MerlinSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Commodore
too many 'ricers' have cannons on with their 'Vtec hondas'

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Don't use a Cannon. I'll come to your house, cut it off and jam it up your arse.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
i bought a xforce twin 2.5 full stainless catback for a 100 off a mate and it sounds good but if you just want max power go the full 1 7/8 extractor with full twin 3 cats and system