Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Front Bumper on a Executive

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
hey guys,

im just looking at some VZ SS front bumpers on ebay, and i decided i want to put one on my executive. just a few questions

can it be a do it yourself kind of job? like will it be easy fitting and what not? a mate said there could be some troubles of alignment and that.

and paint, how much would paint be? colour is Martini Mica

thanks guys

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
paint will need to be done by a good painter, as you can run into problems with metallics, ie streaks, blotches etc,

yes you can fit it yourself quite easily, there is a thread that is stickied at the top of this forums so i wont go into detail

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
got some news guys.

i have bought some ss fog lights of ebay, total of $150... and sitting in my mates shed is my new VZ SS front bumper. it isnt painted just yet. i still got to buy paint and the other nic knacks such as grille, switches and etc.

this is my first mod so pretty excited

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
got some news guys.

i have bought some ss fog lights of ebay, total of $150... and sitting in my mates shed is my new VZ SS front bumper. it isnt painted just yet. i still got to buy paint and the other nic knacks such as grille, switches and etc.

this is my first mod so pretty excited

youll get there, i picked myself up a vy ss wagon twin pipe exhaust the other day for free, installed a sub etc,

it all takes time, and cost money,

should look good, will be interesting to see a ss bar painted in martini mica, havnt seen it

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
was just over at a mates place today. we just removed my original bumper to see if the ss bumper fits, and good news for me, it does fit! so we changed the bumpers back over.

hopefully it will be looking smick once its painted, the foggies are fitted and everything.

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
I bought a SS bumper for my Executive to for $185 fullr reconditioned and painted.
Did you buy genuine fog lamps or non genuine as i got non genuine and the bracket does not fit the bumper.

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
I bought a SS bumper for my Executive to for $185 fullr reconditioned and painted.
Did you buy genuine fog lamps or non genuine as i got non genuine and the bracket does not fit the bumper.

i ended up finding some genuine fog lights on ebay. i was worried about getting non-genuine cos of the same problem u faced, no fitting properly

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Did they come with a full wiring kit or just the lights and plugs as i have seen on ebay?

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
Did they come with a full wiring kit or just the lights and plugs as i have seen on ebay?

nah just the lights. but im ordering the wiring kit, switch etc from where my mate works