Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS fuel consumption

N

nickel

Anyone,

What sort of fuel consumption figures should I expect from my VZ SS 6 speed manual around town & highway usage. I have just picked it up & I am driving really nicely at the moment & I can't get the computer down below 17.9L/ 100km. Is this normal?

C

crewiess

Nickel - See my posts about what Kms to a tank of juice http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=15447

While I show my lack of skills and having had a couple of vinos and beers my crewie is an SS -Firts tank showed 20.1 odd litres 100km but is now down around the 16 mark for mostly round town driving. I understand that with a few mods such as a tune and also decent km on the odo that it can drop to as lopw as 13 around town and am hearing low 9's for a trip. But at the mo I only have 1600km on the odo so all of the above is really only hearsay.

But I dont mind paying for the extra juice over a 6 - there is nothin like a V8 :yeah:

N

nickel

Thanks Crewiess.........My missus has a VY V6 Lumina & she is getting 10.4L/100km around town so she is giving me hell about mine.

I'l see what it does after a few km

But there is nothing like driving a V8.

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
i too average about 16.8 to 17.2 around town
give it hell sometimes to
But found the real fuel average is about 1.5 less than what the car tells me
( i keep a record each time i fill up)
Have nearly 7000 on it now and is getting a bit better then when new
havent done any long distance yet ( only newy to sydney) but got it close to 11 on that trip

S

Stewy

Hey guys. Don't trust what the computer says you use. The only accurate way to determine fuel usage is to use a trip your tank and calculate it yourself!

B

bdcmedia

I get down to around 10.7 driving on highway every day to work. Around town I can get up to 22 but I hardly ever drive around town!

C

crewiess

Stewy- I am not checking real closely but the mental rithmetic at the pump indicates that the computer is probably pretty close to the mark.

bdcmedia - geez at 22 you must be up her for 2 weeks rent

D-Renzow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice & VQ Stato
In my 2004 LS1 Caprice i get around 12.5-14L 100Ks around town, 14-15L per 100k if i hammer it a fair bit. havent done much highway driving yet but the little i did was about 10.5-11 per 100