Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ss oxygen sensor

TimRog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7
rough idle, found to be crook oxygen sensor, replaced with brand new one and problem solved, was running fine, fuel usage back to normal, so yeah I gave her a couple little squirts here and there and was going good then all of a sudden it went from fixed to worse than before,,, spluttering, loss of power fuel usage sky rockeyed almost as if the sensors are not working at all.... Ill probably find out tomorrow when its light what happened but anyone have an ide wtf just happened?

WL2005HBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 WL Statesman HBD
Wiring may have melted after installation against one of the extractors?
Any CEL?

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
not related but ive recently brought a 2nd hand HARLEY it runs after market computer ,AND my oxygen scencors are disconnected (2) and the bike runs great, from what ive found out they have too be when running this unit

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
not related but ive recently brought a 2nd hand HARLEY it runs after market computer ,AND my oxygen scencors are disconnected (2) and the bike runs great, from what ive found out they have too be when running this unit

Yeah I think they can dissable them when it's tune. I think they can cancell the ones after the cats with a maffed and both with a maffless. I'm probably wrong though, can anyone confirm that?
My oxys are giving me trouble too.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
When you installed the new one,did you use any grease at all on the threads as anything with silicone in it will poison it quicker than you think,or have you been dosing up the fuel with injector cleaner which is not compatible with O2 sensors.But for it to fail almost instantly sounds like the connector is not making contact

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Or it hasnt sealed properly and is drawing air into the exhaust making the car think its running lean. ECM will crank up fuel trims to compensate.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
what brand of 02 sensors did you buy????