Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS rims

timcn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
does anyone know whats the max size rims i can just throw on to my 2005 vz ss without any mods to suspension , gaurd rolling etc, and without is scraping?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
19s if is is at standard ride height. most state regulations state that you can only go 2 inches bigger. what state are you in? minux (now named kill -9) posted up guidelines for each state here. i dont know about SSZs/thunders as they are exactly the same car but with bigger wheels. i guess you could get away with 20s...

i have 19x8.5s on my VZ S ute and its lowered on superlows. i have to get the gaurds rolled (geting that done tomorrow) and i think that because the springs are so stiff it has busted an exhaust rubber.

A

Andre's SS

Quote"i have 19x8.5s on my VZ S ute and its lowered on superlows. i have to get the gaurds rolled (geting that done tomorrow) and i think that because the springs are so stiff it has busted an exhaust rubber."

How? Did you bust an exhaust rubber cause of springs,Dont understand.

kmbattle

Reaction score
troy how did u first notice your exhaust rubbers were broken?
My ute has developed a squeek type sound when i go over bumps whilst taking right handers.
Could be exhaust moving but doesnt really sound like it. And ive been too slack to look under it lately + Ihave a yellow sticker 4 window tint atm. BULLSHIT **** tha police.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
found out yesterday that it wasnt exhaust rubbers... so i got no idea what it is. i initailly thought it was a rubber because i heard a noise from the rear passenger side. it was a dull clunking noise and i just assumed it was the exhaust. i had it checked yesterday when the gaurds were rolled and they couldnt find it anywhere, not even in the suspension

what tint did you have and how do they check it?

A

Andre's SS

THought it wouldnt have been ya exhaust rubbers soundedstrange to me~!

kmbattle

Reaction score
not sure what grade tint it was, it was fitted by holden .(who will be paying for the new tint I hope)
They have this little handheld things that clip over your side window and tell the constable what % of light the tint lets through.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
kmbattle said:
troy how did u first notice your exhaust rubbers were broken?
My ute has developed a squeek type sound when i go over bumps whilst taking right handers.

Could also be sway bar bushes. Have had that problem a few times. Mainly on Falcons usually.

kmbattle said:
Could be exhaust moving but doesnt really sound like it. And ive been too slack to look under it lately + Ihave a yellow sticker 4 window tint atm. BULLSHIT **** tha police.

Hmmm.... Is the tint darker than what is mandated by the ADR/your local roads authority??? If so, then why do you complain that you got caught??? :bang: If your tint is legal then rant away :D

Reaper