Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Slutbag

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
Got bored one night

Wire wheeled back the brackets and painted them matte black also.

Should have painted it black but it'll do for now.

ILLICT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S SII
So few bits have happened

Since cam been done noticed she was using alot of oil (1.5L in 1100km). New stem seals weren't sealing lol. So they were replaced and while they were put in a smith bro's trunnion kit in the rockers. Very impressed. Valve train noise is much quiter.

Also got bored with the original spoiler so off it came and on goes the proven good looking fibreglass senator spoiler. Also picked up a hsv boot for a small price and took the garnish off in excellent condition. Still trying to sell the unwanted lid lol.

Also got the strut brace chromed

Few things to do this year to neaten up. Want a duspeed otr now and get a better condition interior.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Have never heard of a trunnion kit. Glad you like the noise reduction though. I like the new rear end also

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
Yeah mate of mine got me onto them as he bought a LS1 for a rebuild and all the rocker needle bearings were everywhere. Thought be cheap insurance with a high lift cam.

Yeah also got some hsv finned flutes to go on aswell. Want to get them painted all blue like so.

Last edited:

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Yea I like those flutes. They're the HSV version yea? $70 seems good, let us know how much they cost to be painted

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
Nice ride man! The flutes should look good once painted and installed.
Was it difficult fitting the new trunnions to the rockers?

Trunnions were easy. Mate has a jig at his house. Pressed out/in within an hour.

Yea I like those flutes. They're the HSV version yea? $70 seems good, let us know how much they cost to be painted

Painter said 250 if do all blue, or 400 if want to black out the mesh cause that will be a big bit of labour to mask up and paint. Im fussy and want em done HSV style with the black mesh part

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
Few hours later

Results in

Have the door trims to go in also but fronts need little attention first. Gonna try get detailer at work to shampoo seats. Few marks my upholstery cleaner couldnt remove

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
Few updates

Sold my copy hsv flutes and then bought a genuine pair. Few paint scuffs on em so had em resprayed.

Got a new hurst short shifter. Much better feel then the other hurst shifter.

Got a ripshift to fit on a later date

And lastly all new front seatbelts, check straps on all doors and a new roof lining with the peroid correct VY/VZ SS embossed into it.

Got some braided brake hose's to fit up also and all new pads/rotors before an upcoming track day in few months time.