Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ss stalling and then won't start

2deadly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz commodore ss 5.7lt
Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with my vz ss. It's stalling after start up then won't start at all.
This has happened twice now. The first time it happened was straight after I installed a new KN air filter, I started it up after I put the new filter in, it ran for about 20 seconds then just died, I tried kicking it over several times with no success until there was pretty much no more battery power, so I just left it for the next day. The next day I hooked up the Jumper cables and then boom it started first kick.
The car then ran nicely as usual for the next few days and then the same thing has happened again to my missus while I'm out at work on the mines. She Tried to get it started multiple times again but no success, battery is now too low to keep trying.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Maybe a problem with the MAF plug/lead, if its only the filter you changed,
Probably best to get is scanned, as not all faults activate the MIL or DTC notifications.
If there is some thing that's in the history within the system, it could point you in the right direction.

2deadly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz commodore ss 5.7lt
Hey mate @krusing,
Nah it couldn't be that coz its mafless tuned, cai, Its cammed, got ls7 lifters,

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon