Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ssz ls1

Vz ssz quicksilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ls1
Hi again.My vz ssz ls1 i put the only key through the wash and origonal spare the battery was flat .So i went to mister minit and new fob and prodramed $100 aftermarket key.Now first i put key head in door unlocked it waited 60 seconds then opened it up and alarm went off.press unlock and stoped alarm but when i put key in ignition the red lock icon is on dash and if u wiggle the key the car starts and then stop s quickly like 3seconds.All the lights light up on dash and headligjts but not the boot with remote or manally.Was working fine car sat for 3months and charged battery.Could of the bcm b locked up

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It will be the key.
First make sure the pin on the key, the little silver bump, is maintaining contact with metal ring around the ignition barrel.

Get the security code for your car from the user manual you still have (hopfully). It will be on a business card listing security, key codes etc.

It’s entirely possible the key was corrupted in the wash. When they copied the data to the new key, it transfers the corrupted data across.

If they create a new key from the security code, then it won’t be corrupted and should work.

If you have lost that info, Holden should be able to provide you with it. You’ll need proof of ownership in as many forms as possible and the VIN

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What might also need doing is for the key/s be recoded to the car with a Tech2 (or similar) interface. That’s a possibility.