Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SSZ Ute.... Whipple Install Underway

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
have you thought about looking into having a forged bottom end in the future?
seeing its such a big charger I have been told that with more cubes and with a really strong bottom end this particular charger (2.9L whipple) will see its proper potential.
its more along the lines of, the charger being able to produce a lot more boost (pulley setups and so forth) then what would be running on a relatively stock bottom end, and is able to cope with more cubes, whereas the smaller units are more "maxed" on a stock sized engine.

also if you do a lot of freeway driving with it youll be loving it.
they go surprisingly well with fuel with the charger on top.
although, you don't build one of these for fuel economy afterall :p

still looking good. will be good to see where it does go.
keep the updates coming

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
have you thought about looking into having a forged bottom end in the future?
seeing its such a big charger I have been told that with more cubes and with a really strong bottom end this particular charger (2.9L whipple) will see its proper potential.
its more along the lines of, the charger being able to produce a lot more boost (pulley setups and so forth) then what would be running on a relatively stock bottom end, and is able to cope with more cubes, whereas the smaller units are more "maxed" on a stock sized engine.

also if you do a lot of freeway driving with it youll be loving it.
they go surprisingly well with fuel with the charger on top.
although, you don't build one of these for fuel economy afterall :p

still looking good. will be good to see where it does go.
keep the updates coming

Do want to do a forged 408 LQ9 block when this ones a tired. Matt at yella terra said this particular setup will still provide enough puff to handle it. Its rated for approx 450-500rwkw (so they say) but im not really fussed what it makes, im just fulfilling a really expensive dream lol

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Love the ute man, those rims look awesome.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Looking good Rick. Love the sound of a whipple.

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan

Mounted up blower pressure gauge. Yes i can see speedo clearly before anyone asks.

New black holley covers. ARP bolts and new gaskets. Gotta clean up the coils and give em a lick of paint.

And made my first piece of braid ever. Starting to plumb up the steam ports.

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan

So got all the steam ports braided up. Clears the blower and cooler plate.

Chucked on some black holley rocker covers and ARP bolts & new gaskets. Also chucked on a black lokar dipstick aswell

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
So few bits have happened

A/C was turfed for the new 2 120 A/C...... 2 windows down at 120. Not a daily so can afford to loose it

Swapped the supplied valley plate bolt (left) to some high tensile longer bolts. For $4.50 dunno why they didnt do this insted of the pissy little ones.

And then two became one. Triple checked all the AN fittings behind the cooler plate and then torqued it down. Chucked on the whipple and had a beer

How she's sitting now.

Radiator has been ordered. ADRAD are making a 56mm alloy rad with a -4 AN fitting for the steam ports and deleted condensor tabs. Should keep it cool. Pick it up in the new year :)

Finally got the fecking crank pulley off..... what a c##t. Now to do the crank pinning kit from Harrop.

Getting there slowly

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Awesome mate good to see another nice ssz in SA. PS i was going to get the ssz666 plates when I got my car but decided to get the cc plates but now I wish I got them :(

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
Cheers. Yeah all other numbers were taken. 346, 057........ 666 avaliable :) plus the works a little with the beast under the bonnet lol

Hopefully my ADRAD 3 core alloy radiator gets put on the production line by friday. Nothing goes to plan lol. Was put on back order few weeks ago but alot cheaper than a PWR alloy rad