Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ steering wheel off centre

dan-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SS 6.0Ltr
Hey guys

I hope someone out there can help moi.

I drive a 05 VZ execy. I replaced the stock steering wheel with a GMH leather one (from eBay). I took the old one off and did the swap. My problem is now the steering wheel does not align. So when driving straight my steering wheel is turned to the left, but im still driving straight.
The obvious fix is to take the wheel off and put it back on a bit to the right to center it. But I am unable to because the VZ has a plastic moulding behind the wheel which makes it only one way to install the wheel.

If someone out there has changed a similar setup please let me know what to do. My guess is that while turning the wheel parked and no power steering I have unaligned the wheels?????

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i dont think you can put the allignment out by doin that, if noone else has a solution u might have to take it to holden or something

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i dont know if its the same thing. but after i lowered my car the steering wheel did the same thing and was fixed once they did a wheel allingment

dan-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SS 6.0Ltr
I explained my problem to a mechanic and he said that the VZ has some spline thing and it needs a wheel alignment.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
It is an easy fix during the next wheel alignment. They can straighten the steering wheel and lock it in place with a bracket that pushes against the driver seat. They then align the front wheels without the steering wheel moving from that position.

My VT had a similar problem (wife hitting gutters??)