Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ stereo HELP please

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
Haha, ive done that a few times, lol. There is also a fuse box next to the battery, remove the cover and check the fuses there.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
A picture for ya. You didn't pull down the cover did you. :banstick: LOL.

Just get you hand between the cover and steering column, pull towards seats and down.

Attachments

• VZ Fuse Panel.jpg
    VZ Fuse Panel.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 6,334

snicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
A picture for ya. You didn't pull down the cover did you. :banstick: LOL.

Just get you hand between the cover and steering column, pull towards seats and down.

haha Thanks. All done now. I still need to run a constant power wire tomorrow but the stereo is working great just running on the acc.

Thnx again.

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
According to the attached wiring diagram, look for 'Orange/Black' (constant 12v). Also check the fuse, you may have blown it.
Audio System.jpg

snicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
According to the attached wiring diagram, look for 'Orange/Black' (constant 12v). Also check the fuse, you may have blown it.
View attachment 78279

I know i have 2x orange blacks which both had no power when i tested them last night. If they're on a separate fuse to the radio then that could be why. I'll check the fuse box and hopefully get power to one of those O-bK's tomorrow.

Cheers:)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
So do you lose all your settings when you turn the car off? Because that would suck.

snicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
So do you lose all your settings when you turn the car off? Because that would suck.

yeah but i knew that when i couldn't hook up constant power. I will fix that problem tomorrow and wire in the dvd monitor too.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
But Luke0011 then where we get to see cool light shows. Like the time I undid the positive battery terminal with my spanner, and touched the handle to the chassis.
That's why you remove the ground terminal first :doh:

06vzcalais

Reaction score
i went to autobarn and bought an adaptor loom (no cutting of wires. plug and play. i can now refit the factory unit when i sell the car
just a hint for next time

snicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
yeah i'm pretty sure if i ever sell this the person buying will be happy with a better than factory stereo. Can't believe how much better it sounds now even through stock speakers.