Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Stock Headunit PIN Reset

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Get an after market one that has android auto and apple carplay. Then when you folks are on the road, you have maps, messages and calls all hands free and voice activated if your phone settings allow.

Reactions: Lex

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Hi Fu

i think that is where I will end up when the beer tokens are available,

I am a stubborn bastard and want to beat this stupid radio. I am hoping someone recognises the symptoms and has an answer.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hey, would it be because the factory pin is not known? Is there a point it should be entered in order to reset the pin?
Can you get a VIN for the car it was off? Holden could then get you the pin.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
I was able to download the factory PIN off the web somewhere, Now that I have benn able to change it once I will try to chhange it form 1111 back to the factory number. I'll let you know how it goes.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
You will need to get the blaupunkt serial number off the radio, the number just above the barcode on top of the unit and then give that to holden. Then if they have someone who knows what they are doing they can request the pin code for that head unit from head office at holden.

Last edited:

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Thanks VT2 - I tried but failed. I changed it back to the original and back we went to the lockout even though the Tech 2 reports the PIN has been accepted. I ripped it out and replaced it with a JVC headunit on special at Supercrap. Has camera and SWC inputs. Currntly jus thooked it up as standard and it worksa treat. I will hook up the SWC and rear camera once the correct cabling arrives.

Reactions: Lex

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
it was obviously not the factory number for that headunit. not to worry you have a solution

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
VT2 - I had the factory number and was able to make it run using the Tech 2 by accessing tghe features. I changed the code to and from a number of times but had no success. I think the unit itself was the problem as when I was able to get bast the coding issue it blinked continuously and would reset back to requiring a code after it was powered down. I have settled on the JVC solution for now and will see where I go with the restoration to determine if I purchase another unit down the track.

Thanks for the support.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Does the clock reset on the new one each time the ignition is switch off?

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Does the clock reset on the new one each time the ignition is switch off?
No the new one is fine and keeps the time and station memory. I was concerned about not having a constant power supply and checked that earlier.