Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Storm ute alloytec v6

SKJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Storm ute
Hi everyone, I have an oil leak which seems to be coming from behind my ecu. I’ve attached a pic. Can anyone tell me what the part is where the wiring connects to the motor and how I can fix this. This is the part where the oils leaking from. Any help is much appreciated, thank you
22984B89-7022-40DE-BB93-E63DF514A0E0.jpeg

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Plug is probably the cam sensor, but it's more likely your rocker cover gaskets are dead.

SKJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Storm ute
Plug is probably the cam sensor, but it's more likely your rocker cover gaskets are dead.
Thanks for your reply, can the cam sensor leak oil.? Also is the rocker cover gasket above the cam sensor.? Not sure if it makes any difference but if I park on a downward slope it leaks more oil than on level ground.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
can the cam sensor leak oil.? Also is the rocker cover gasket above the cam sensor.?
Not like that if it does (it won't leak upwards or side to side), and yes. The rocker cover gasket lives in that black cover at the top of your picture (the rocker cover). They're a common service item.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Or the PCV is clogged and there’s pressure building under the cam cover, where as normally it’s under vacuum. Either way, the cam cover gasket will be flogged. It might be why the cam sensor and or the cam actuator solenoid will be leaking too.

Easy jobs. Gaskets aren’t expensive.