Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Supercars

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
When are the V8 Supercars changing over to VZ sheetmetal?? I know its not a huge difference but it's not had, same as the VX to VY change just new nose cones and tail light...........hmmmmm
Cheers

EDIT: Also when are we going to stop using yank donks???
Holden: Chev 305
Ford: Ford (USA) 302

Why not some Holden 304 action??
Hell why not run em like they used to, straight from the showroom, add a cage and a harness and lets have some fun ;)

Last edited:

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
I would imagine that HRT will debut its new VZ mobile early next season, with other teams making the transition as more info becomes available on car setups/aerodynamics, etc.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Well HRT are debut'ing their new VY Car next race at Symmonds Plains so id say they wont have a VZ for next year. Also because of Project Blueprint the front air dam has to stay the same. The only thing they will change is pretty much the bonnet because it is raised higher than the VY and maybe the front headlight assembly's. Really also the tail lights as well but thats not much change they use SS tail lights at the moment so its not too hard to chop and change. Maybe they will do these and call it a VZ next year.

MY_95_VS

Drifting Champion...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
Gobbles said:
Well HRT are debut'ing their new VY Car next race at Symmonds Plains so id say they wont have a VZ for next year. Also because of Project Blueprint the front air dam has to stay the same. The only thing they will change is pretty much the bonnet because it is raised higher than the VY and maybe the front headlight assembly's. Really also the tail lights as well but thats not much change they use SS tail lights at the moment so its not too hard to chop and change. Maybe they will do these and call it a VZ next year.

Perhaps this is true, but what I want to know, is what are they going to do with the "Golden child"... Also, is it worth them changing over to VZ, because as far as I can tell, the VY and VZ are almost identical in nature...
As for front airdam, yes, I believe this is true, and would just create headaches if they were to try changing it...

Despite Skaife's troubles, I still love him, and anyone who doesnt should go home and get a life... U either love him or loathe him...

GO SKAIFEY!!! :D :D :D

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Skaife, well in all honesty he can be a wanker at times.

Wouldn't they have to use the vz next season, not as in, hmm we wanna keep using the vx, more as in: rules saying you have too use the 2 current models?

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
bextor84 said:
Skaife, well in all honesty he can be a wanker at times.

Wouldn't they have to use the vz next season, not as in, hmm we wanna keep using the vx, more as in: rules saying you have too use the 2 current models?
Some teams are still using the VX amd some ford teams are using the AU. I think next year all teams will have to have gone tot he VY/BA so it wont be compolsory for them to go straight to a VZ as soon as they come out.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Gobbles said:
Some teams are still using the VX amd some ford teams are using the AU. I think next year all teams will have to have gone tot he VY/BA so it wont be compolsory for them to go straight to a VZ as soon as they come out.

Actually, no-one's using the VX/AU anymore. Konica does but not the proper season. You can bet that the only changes would be front and rear lights and bonnet, that's all they can get away with rule-wise.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
DNF 7 Castrol Perkins Motorsport Tony Longhurst Holden Commodore VX

They are still using their VX Commodore as at Indy.