Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 2004 - Questions on 2 'issues'

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Well in regards to the hose, i spoke to the dealer i got the car from and he said he will get it fixed on Saturday for me at no charge. (which is great as i have only had the car since Thursday afternoon).

I might mention the braking too, hopefully he can fix it aswell.

The shuddering occurs when going around 50KM or more and if i have Traction Control on its 10x worse.

I've been told from a friends dad and a friend of mine the pads are fine and but the discs feel slightly worn.. and could possibly be the rotors, I'm not mechanically inclinded so have no idea.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
discs and rotors are the same thing, if the pads are new and the rotor's arent the shuddering could be the two not 'bedded' in together or worn together, mine did it when i replaced my pads, but only for the first few km's was it noticable.. they soon bedded together and it is awesome now!

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Oh ok, hah yeah my bad, i need to get with the lingo :p

Well so far since i got the car on Thursday i've done over 200k in it and the issue has been apparent the whole time. (been back and forth to the central coast from Newcastle twice and to work on Friday).

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Actually, that hose is described as the EVAP Solenoid Purge Hose, which is part of the emission system (this hose is part of the system to hold fuel tank vapours and to draw fuel vapours held in the charcoal cannister into the engine).

Ah, I see. Learn something new every day.

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
Don't know if its been said yet, But mine has done it, my mums has done it. We just fixed it with some liquid plastic rubber ****. ( don't know what its called. ) Fixed the problem.
Also with the breaks, most likely the rotors, Mine done it real bad, and I fixed that with new rotors and pads.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
The dealer is getting their mechanic to fix the hose free of charge on Thursday.

The mechanic is also going to have a look at the Shuttering issue for me, which i am pretty certain now (from help in here and some friends) that its the brakes.

I have priced some brake pads and rotors from GSL, does anyone know of any decent places in Newcastle that aren't expensive to get new brake pads, rotors and install them?

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
GSL do good brakes, i recently replaced pads with the QMF HPX Police Spec Fronts and Rears, really worth it.. saved me a few times on the way down from Townsville, Kangaroo's are pretty bad... I reccomend them and thier prices are decent for good brakes

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Bloody dealer's mechanic shafted me with the replacing of the hose and brake checks.. i originally said i NEEDED a courtesy car and it to be auto, they said that was fine (when i booked it with them) and then i got there Wednesday afternoon and the mechanics stated they only had a really dodgy old Ford Falcon in Manual, so i was stuffed.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Got a couple of questions in relation to to features of the car.

Is there any way at all to have the power windows automatically close if the doors are closed and you use the remote locking on the key?

This would be handy for particular situations where i have had a full car load with all windows down i could just get out, close the doors, press Lock and the windows wind up.

This might sound lazy to some but hey. I've had circumstances where we've had to be in a huge rush and waiting for the windows to close and then lock the car.

Also, for some odd reason, i cannot find any Options to change the Horn to sound upon lock/unlock and Indicator Light options, etc for the Alarm system in the Options menu, it cycles through some options but not all that are in the Manual for it (not even half of).

Also, is there any way the Alarm system can be upgraded for tilt and shock instead of simply its current 'opening door' trigger. (eg. someone could crack the window, climb in, get what they find and crawl back out window with the alarm going off)

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
As for the options I'm guessing u have an aftermarket headunit.. The standard h/u stores info for a lot of them, u take it and it is gone.

The windows, prior preparation... If u r in a hurry wind the windows uP before u stop, seems like a waste if moolah to me.

Alarm, aftermarket....