Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 2004 - Questions on 2 'issues'

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I just removed the elbow and flipped it up the other way. The crack is now further down which causes it not to separate.

whitevz2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
white vz 2006
this rubber elbow on mine was cracked also so i went to bursons and bought a rubber water hose in this size called a zed hose and i got two elbows out of it for around twelve dollars two years ago working fine supercheap also have this hose.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Well i was too late and already paid for a brand new hose from holden...its only relatively small in length.

Rather than paying a further $100 for some mechanic to swap them over, how could i go about replacing the whole hose?

Can i just remove the engine cover and will it allow me to get to the hose completely? Or will i need to remove the intake manifold aswell (as iirc the hose goes around to the back of the motor to the solenoid?

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
To replace the complete hose you will at least need to lift the plenum or plenum/manifold assembly. However the hose looks to be made of a fairly durable material. So the may be unnecessary.

See above link. Or just replace the rubber elbow only.