Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 2004 - Questions on 2 'issues'

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I've recently bought a VZ SV6 2004 model and only after getting the car home last night (bought it yesterday) i looked under the hood and happened to notice a particular hose looks to be split a little.

Unfortunately i have no idea what it is or is for except from what i can tell by touching it a bit it it taking air in one direction or another and it appears to be connected to the intake.

Can someone please take a look at the attached pic that i have marked in red what hose this is, whats its for and the specifics so i can go and buy a replacement and get it swapped before the split becomes a problem.

Also i've noticed when braking if i'm going around 50km (below this it does not do it), the steering wheel shudders/shakes a fair bit.

The wheel alignment seems to be the slightest bit off (was not noticable on my first 2-3 drives), could this be the cause? Any ideas? Suggestions?

Cheers Guys.

Attachments

• vzmotor.jpg
    vzmotor.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,990

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
I got the same with the hose

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
I got the same with the hose, do you have a loud scraping in your engine?

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
Regarding the braking, most likely either your pads or rotors need replacing/machining (if the rotors are significantly worn they cant' be machined they will need to be replaced) OR also a possibility, but less likely, is that you have busted a radius rod bush or two and the wheel is being able to vibrate backwards and forwards repetitively under braking.

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Hose is just an oil breather.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
My vz had that hose split which actually caused it to not run. A bit of duct tape and 30 seconds and it was fixed

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
pretty sure the brakes are the culprit of the shuddering. if they need machining/ replacing, id suggest you buy some slotted RDA ones, they end up being cheaper to buy yourself and fit yourself then to take your car to somewhere to get the brakes machined and pads changed

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Hose is just an oil breather.

Actually, that hose is described as the EVAP Solenoid Purge Hose, which is part of the emission system (this hose is part of the system to hold fuel tank vapours and to draw fuel vapours held in the charcoal cannister into the engine).

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
A quick fix (which we've all done) eventually leads to a rougher idle I think and weird engine gulps over time........ I'm getting a replacement myself soon........ they are about $72 at holden, you have to buy the whole section that goes under the manifold with it etc.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Elec tape it up and she'll be fine for another 100,000km.. as for the replacement plastioc piping BDC, the rubber off the end pulls off and can be replaced... but for $72 for the whole lot, i would be taping it up or visiting the wreckers