Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 2005 - Hazard and Central Locking/Unlocking Lights

Nuhaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Hi All

Relatively new here, and have a odd question with regards to my VZ SV6 2005.

My hazard lights and every time I lock or unlock the car, only the drivers side indicators / lights work.

Indicators all work on both sides. For some reason, when I use the hazards or lock/unlock only the drivers side lights work. Any help will be much appreciated.

Not sure if related to this issue, but my electronic antenna also does not work.

Please help:)

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Sounds like your BCM (Body Control Module) is playing up.

Nuhaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Sounds like your BCM (Body Control Module) is playing up.

Great, Thanks for getting back to me. This would have nothing to do with a fuse or relay by any chance? And if so, would you know what particular fuse or relay might be worthwhile changing around and where it is located (under steering wheel / or under the bonnet in engine) ? Just to see if I don't have to replace the entire BCM.

Thanks again

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
When my VZ started doing weird and stupid things, not unlike yours, it turned out to be the BCM.
There is a fuse panel inside the dash on the RH side of the steering column and there is also a relay and fuse box in the engine bay, near the battery.
I would expect if a fuse has blown then whatever it supplies power to will not work, period.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Fuse #7 could be your culprit
FuseChart.jpg

Nuhaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Fuse #7 could be your culpritView attachment 204916
Looked at that under the steering wheel area - seemed to be fine but did change and still no luck.

Weird - all the indicators work and the signals do not get stuck. Any other thoughts apart from a possible faulty BCM?

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Mate, probe fuse 7 with a test light or multimeter and confirm you have power on the top of each side of the fuse when its in place,

Nuhaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
*** UPDATE ***

Took the relay to a car audio tech, he replaced the relay inside the BCM (relay inside the BCM on the VZ SV6) $120 for Labour and $25 for the relay of EBay - and all works fine now. Thanks for info and tips. Really appreciate it.