Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 2005 - Hazard Relay?

Nuhaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Hey Guys,

Anyone kmow where the Relay for this can be? Looked in the engine and under steering wheel. Nothing labeled as Hazard Relay.

Issue:

Hazard and when locking/unlocking - only drivers side indicators work. Passenger side, the lights do not work. Indicators on their own work fine.

Driving me nuts. Please help!

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
I believe the relay is part of the circuitry inside the BCM. Replace the BCM or get yours repaired.
I recently saw a thread on this forum about replacing the relay on the circuit board.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I thought the hazard relay was located next the indicator relay under the steering column?

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
I could be wrong but as far as I know there is only one flasher relay in the VZ fuse box in the dash and the hazard lights, central locking and indicator light functions are controlled by the BCM.

With mine I had no indicator lights working at all on the drivers side from memory. Had the BCM replaced and problem fixed.
My mechanic was able to tell me it was due to a faulty relay in the BCM. If I knew then what I know now I would have a go at repairing it myself.

Nuhaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
*** UPDATE ***

Took the relay to a car audio tech, he replaced the relay inside the BCM (relay inside the BCM on the VZ SV6) $120 for Labour and $25 for the relay of EBay - and all works fine now. Thanks for info and tips. Really appreciate it.