Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ sv6, 5 speed auto M82 id?

Cheezil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
Hi, sons VZ sv 6 Commy 5 speed (M82) auto died when i borrowed his car & i cant to find any replacement autos cheap enough to fix the car (quoted $2500 from several wreckers). There is probably one (or a wreck) laying in someone's yard or paddock cheaper, somewhere, surely if i knlw how to identify it? What does the 5HDD mean on ones i've found for sale or laying around that havw been taken out of other Commys?
I don't know what the numbers are on his as it's still in car, waiting to be fixed. How do we identify correct numbers on new ones if they aren't in a vehicle (with ID plate under bonnet etc)? Thanks

Shananzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve calais
See this...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-112619_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-112619_Gallery.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 747
H

harrop.senator

That's newer the first number is year. You need a 5l40 man. I was going to buy one inter state for $600 off scumtree + $250 shipping but he wouldn't pay pal.

2k installed I found one wouldn't just supply 210k

$1400 supply only 190k in Perth couple months back.

Bench rbuilds 4.5.

They were renowned from problems after 150k to so another may not last either.

Mines been flaring for 10k.

I'll probably part the statesman or sell with blown box when fully goes.

Eye is out for an affordable trans I can test before removal. Only time will tell.

Shananzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve calais
That's newer the first number is year. You need a 5l40 man. I was going to buy one inter state for $600 off scumtree + $250 shipping but he wouldn't pay pal.

2k installed I found one wouldn't just supply 210k

$1400 supply only 190k in Perth couple months back.

Bench rbuilds 4.5.

They were renowned from problems after 150k to so another may not last either.

Mines been flaring for 10k.

I'll probably part the statesman or sell with blown box when fully goes.

Eye is out for an affordable trans I can test before removal. Only time will tell.

5L40E just means 5 speed. M82 just means auto. 7HAG is the box for the 2007, LY7.
But apparently any 5 speed will fit, just gotta change the flange on the back of the box if it's a different trans code

H

harrop.senator

M82 specifically means 5 speed and know what a 5l40e is lol.

M30 is the 4 speed automatic that was still available with the 3.6.

A vz is 2004 - 2006 hence telling her that list was to new as started with 2007 and the ve has a different output shaft or extension housing I cant remember.

If she finds ANY 5l40e from a vz it will be a straight fit . She had been asking about m82 and then listed the 5hhd. Hhd is a 4l60e hence telling her she needs a 5l.