Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Advice

jamiemack89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
go onto the Pioneer australia website and look at their headunits. Theres a nice DVD screen unit thats double-din and nice blue highlights. im not sure what shops supply it however. Dont be scared by the RRP, even autobarn ripoff prices are usually cheaper that the sites, so i doubt it will cost you that much.

Although, if you go single-din, i have a very nice head unit for sale? works perfect, only selling because i decided to stick with the stock unit in my VZ.

Yeah saw that one. Here a pic below, it does look very nice and touch screen :thumbsup:. Price is $850 on ebay though, would have to decide if I wanted to spend that much, was hoping to pick something up for around the $600 mark.

Thanks for the offer regarding single-din head unit. Looking for doubles at the moment but if I have no luck will PM you.

AVH-P4050DVD.ashx

JT Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
G'day mate, great looking car,
First of all, with your exhaust system, like some people have said, try to get your hands on a twin 2.25 system for an sv6.
A few of the guys on the forum have been discusing using a stock VZ SS system which is a 2.25 twin stainless steel system and for around $50 at your local exhaust shop, its a steal. I would also recommend that you ditch the stock rear muffler it comes with and either weld on two straight through pipes or put on a better stainless muffler, either of these will allow much better flow.
If you do this you will also have left over money to spend on the car :yeah:
Which brings us to the sound system, I won't go into the whole speakers bit as it seem to gradually get covered from different people perspectives through the thread.
One thing I will say is that I was and am going to recommend the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD as you have above ^^^^^^.... also, just throwing it out there that I should be able to get the AVH-P4000DVD brand new for you for below $600 :D, so send a PM my way if your interested! :thumbsup:

Just to give u a hand with the exhaust decision, this is the thread where the VZ SS system is being discussed and put on v6's (starts some where around page 16):
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/v6-exhaust-post-here.71081

Cheers, Jared

Last edited:

JT Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
hahaha yeh sorry about that guys, went to hit go advanced haha my bad.... all fixed up now though ^^^^

haha had to edit this one as well, not my day obviously

jamiemack89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Hmmm tempting - '09 model (AVH-P4100DVD) for around $600 when imported from US on ebay - gotta love the exchange rate atm. I assume this would work fine in Aus.

avh-p4100dvd.jpg

JT Ute could you price up one of these as well, if your supplier stocks them?

Im tempted but will see what price JT Ute gets the AVH-P4000DVD for before making up my mind - could put extra cash towards other mods.

jamiemack89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Sound Sytem

Hey guys,

Made up a possible sound system, continued the pioneer trend... what do you think?
Bit worried about 6.5s in the rear, do pioneer make 6's ???

Also, anything Ive missed haha?
  • Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Head Unit - $600
  • CAT10 Steering Wheel Interface - $200
  • Double Din VY-VZ Fascia Kit - $30
  • 2 x Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.5' 260W Component/Splits Speaker - $270 (Front)
  • 2 x Pioneer TS-D1602R 6.5’ 260W Coaxial Speakers - $220 (Rear) – couldn’t find 6’, will these fit without cutting?
  • Pioneer TS-W307D4 Subwoofer in Custom Box 1200W - $250
  • Pioneer GM-D8400M Mono Car Amplifier (1200W) - $340
  • Cabling - $90
  • ADDED: Pioneer GM6400F 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier - $250

Total $2250

Last edited:

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
pioneer make 6 inch speakers, and u might wanna add a 4 channelo amp into that aswell to get the best sound quality out of the splits and rears.

but yeah seems like a good pioneer soundsystem just get someone really awsome to tune it for ya

also again check around for pricing from all audio places like strathfied, autobarn, wow all of them and play them aggainst eachother

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
JB HiFi are doing 30% off Car Audio untill Monday!

You may be able to get some of those items for a lot less.

jamiemack89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
JB HiFi are doing 30% off Car Audio untill Monday!

You may be able to get some of those items for a lot less.

Sweet will check it out tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Also can someone link me to 6" pioneer coaxials, cannot find them anywhere on the pioneer website, only 16cms which Im guessing are too big considering 6 inches is around 15cm.

Last edited: