Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 air intake?

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Imo the best intake is either a supercharger or twin turbo's :D

But in all honestly the most you will probably get out of a new cai is the sound and visual appeal.

MACE

Reaction score
RFish,

Have a read good read at the following link to get some more detailed info about CAI kits in general

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-2006/155476-cai-not-seen-any-difference.html

Long story short they do work with noticeably gains by people who actually have experience with the products on their own alloytecs. They won't turn the car into an 10 second machine but they will help out

Cheers,
Steve

RFish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
You're limited with bang for buck mods on an NA V6.
Are you off your P-plates?

If so, are you looking to go fast or just fiddle?

still on p plates but dont care about restrictions :), i want it to go faster :D

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
still on p plates but dont care about restrictions :), i want it to go faster :D

You will when u get pulled over for it!!

Juve82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Whats the best intake to put on a VZ SS?

How much does it cost?

Whats the best value for money?

Buckd1ch

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 A6
Onto any ls series motor, an OTRCAI is the best intake to use by absolute miles. They need to be done in conjunction with a tune. But for around 15-1600 dollars total, you will gain 25-40rwkw depending on what else is done to the car prior (especially exhaust on ls motors).

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Stock airbox will serve all the needs your car has.

Two hole mod, well.... google "Placebo effect".

Most "CAI" setups just make the intake louder, gives the impression its flowing more. Same with catback systems on most any car. Just more noise not really any faster.
Just about everybody will swear till they're blue in the face that I'm full of **** saying that. But then just look at how many of them spent many hundreds of dollars on such modifications and ask yourself, would you openly admit your money was wasted?

I've been there, done it. And I'm saying I wasted my money.
If you want performance theres far better ways to get it.

Wrong soop. Yes there is a "Placebo effect", But not because the mod didnt do anything, but because its too small to notice. Get a vz, dyno it, then put on a CAI, extractors, cpr6, 2.5" pipe straight + tune. Then dyno it again at the same shop. Every bit counts.

Different intakes do make a difference, why do performance cars have a very short and straight intake? Better example, why do the ford BA straight six intake manifolds have 2 stages? Short length for high revs, longer length for low revs high torque. Same as the Yamaha R1.

Changing the intake box to a pod makes sense, take out 2 bends in the intake, shorter length, better response, less restriction.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Wrong soop. Yes there is a "Placebo effect", But not because the mod didnt do anything, but because its too small to notice. Get a vz, dyno it, then put on a CAI, extractors, cpr6, 2.5" pipe straight + tune. Then dyno it again at the same shop. Every bit counts.

Different intakes do make a difference, why do performance cars have a very short and straight intake? Better example, why do the ford BA straight six intake manifolds have 2 stages? Short length for high revs, longer length for low revs high torque. Same as the Yamaha R1.

Changing the intake box to a pod makes sense, take out 2 bends in the intake, shorter length, better response, less restriction.

You would like to think chucking a pod on the end of the maf would help, and surely you say it must be better then the standard airbox. I tested pods for a week or so, in different positions, lengths and styles and found it to be absolutely useless, and when i gave the car a poke, only made me use more fuel. I did some research on it, and discovered laminar and turbulent airflow...

Im with Soop, $150 - $300 for an air intake that might get you 1 - 5 Killawasps is like ####ing your money away. Ill fit a pod for you for $40 and tell you it makes induction louder..

emazingli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
depends if you want it for peformance or looks.. but everything tested by anyone points towards standard being best on street, may not reflect this on dyno however.

Everyone wants to have a great performance and looks for their vehicle. So what CAI has great performance and looks?