Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 best air intake???? Help

fly05sv6

power and muscle
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
Hey I have an 05 vz sv6 with a full exhaust. I would like to get some kind of cold air intake system.
i have heard of the "ss growler system" and "2nd hole" (NOT a Fan) and also heard of an "over the radiator system".
i really dont know much about air intake so if anyone can give me a hand in the differences, which system is better and what gains they give the car. that would be great

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
unforturnatly the one your not a fan of is the best, ss reduction is a waste of money, and untill they sort out mafless tunning for the alloytec the OTR isnt gaining too much

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
There has been talk of a MACE Air Induction Kit... which is basically a Pod in a Box.. But haven't heard any other news about it.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
The best bet is the MCAI 2 hole mod even if ur not a fan. Alot of ppl will tell u the same thing:thumbsup:

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
what naf33n and PaulSV6 is spot on and until someone develops a good OTR cold air induction set up for the alloytec its probably the best to go with. I've made a how to thread so you can take a look at the process if you want. A lot of people in the last 12 months have done the MCAI 2 hole mod and I haven't heard anyone say they aren't happy. SS Inductions is too expensive for the gains which is why the MCAI 2 hole mod is good. You get the same gains (or more as some have claimed) for less than $50 rather than $599.

Just remember its not a huge gain performance mod, but you notice a good induction growl. If you are after more performance, a VCM tune is probably your best bet for the moment.

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
MCAI is cheap way to get induction and little bit of power but woudl agree with this guy
MACE Air Induction Kit would be ur best bet i have one(not mace but similar) and induction and power is noticable and u can get it to ur door for like under $300 and install it urself(not hard).

from what i have had experice with pod is better then MCAI but cost more money

fly05sv6

power and muscle
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
Thanks alot.
might just have to bite my lip a bit and try the 2nd hole.
does anyone know how much spare air boxes are just incase i screw it up hahaha

and also Has anyone got any other power gain mods i can to do the sv6 to beef it up a bit????

fly05sv6

power and muscle
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
MCAI is cheap way to get induction and little bit of power but woudl agree with this guy
MACE Air Induction Kit would be ur best bet i have one(not mace but similar) and induction and power is noticable and u can get it to ur door for like under $300 and install it urself(not hard).

from what i have had experice with pod is better then MCAI but cost more money

where abouts can i have a look at the mace system? have you got a link?

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx