Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 CPR6 + 12 mm Spacer

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Hi guys, i see MACE do the CPR6 manifold for the VZ
My question is can i put the 12 mm insulator spacers on as well as the CPR6 Manifold and close the bonnet properly?

Also I have the MACE CAI fitted ATM, will there be any problems using it with the CPR6?

Thanks Phill

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
unless you have some sort of forced induction like a turbo or a supercharger ,the CPR6 won't really do much as it is only of benefit at high RPM's of 3000-4000+ , and most people don't drive at those sorts of revs anyway , if I was you I'd go for the 25mm spacers and the CAI kit instead .

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Hi and thanks for reply
I intend to do a full make over e.g Cams, Exhaust, Tune
But at this point I'm just doing the manifold and spacer if it will fit.

MRH OOD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Berlina
Hi mate, I have just put a cpr6 on my sv6 and man it's a tight fit I have spacers sitting at home but am not putting them on until my custom bonnet gets sorted coz I don't think it will fit with the spacers as well. I got 25mm spacers but if the bonnet does shut would be bloody tight I think.
This is in my opinion of course but,
FYI the cpr6 definetly makes a difference on a standard engine even with standard air box and stock exhaust. It isn't the 25HP stated by performance manifolds but it was the first thing I did to my sv6 manual and from bolting on.
I noticed:
1: Had an increased power range in all gears and doesn't seem to lose power once you get above 3800Rpm like it use to.
2: A little quicker acceleration.
3: Car doesn't sound like a vacuum in high revs
4: Also car feels lighter and more nimble. I know this sounds silly but I'm assuming this is due to the slight HP increase.
5: Lastly the feel of the car has changed dramatically. It doesn't feel like the engine is struggling anymore especially sitting on highway at 110km.

Overall I'm glad I bought my cpr6 but I'm glad I didn't pay full price and bought 2nd hand

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Thanks for the feed back
I've since been told you can 'just' fit a 5mm spacer and close the bonnet properly.