Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Samb664

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Hey guys long time reader first time poster.

I have myself a 2004 vz sv6 with an electrical fault that wont allow the pim to handshake to the ecm thus the car will not crank the starter motor. It throws a u0100 generic code each time and states that there is no connection between the two units. The car had a charger hooked up to it and once started somebody had aparently flicked it over to the higher charging setting (unsure of voltage ) and the car shut down . All dash lights work imobiliser is functioning and the starter motor cranks only when you bridge the relay. I have checked all the connections in the engine bay for shorts and all the fuses are fine . I have also gone and replaced the pim. Ecu . Bcm. And the keyhead with no luck . Any help on this would be awsome i have trolled all threads but cannot find a similar situation to mine .
Thanks in advance

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hey guys long time reader first time poster.

I have myself a 2004 vz sv6 with an electrical fault that wont allow the pim to handshake to the ecm thus the car will not crank the starter motor. It throws a u0100 generic code each time and states that there is no connection between the two units. The car had a charger hooked up to it and once started somebody had aparently flicked it over to the higher charging setting (unsure of voltage ) and the car shut down . All dash lights work imobiliser is functioning and the starter motor cranks only when you bridge the relay. I have checked all the connections in the engine bay for shorts and all the fuses are fine . I have also gone and replaced the pim. Ecu . Bcm. And the keyhead with no luck . Any help on this would be awsome i have trolled all threads but cannot find a similar situation to mine .
Thanks in advance

So.. just to confirm.. you took the ECU, PIM, BCM and keyhead from the SAME vehicle? Or are they from all sorts of different cars?

Samb664

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
All from the same car apart from the ecm i thourght at first that is why it would not allow me to reprogram it but the g scan is saying it has no connection at all to it.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
All from the same car apart from the ecm i thourght at first that is why it would not allow me to reprogram it but the g scan is saying it has no connection at all to it.
No communication to the ECM?

If you've read up much about the dear old VZ V6's, they are notorious for failing ECM's. When it fails, car will not start (Have to use starter relay bypass) and also commonly cannot communicate to it.

Next, when replacing any security related module, they MUST all be linked together otherwise the car will have a hissy fit.
It will crank.. but will stop after verifying not security linked to one another.

Samb664

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
That may be why it didnt allow it i ganked the ecm alone from another car . May have to grab a turn key setup with all matching modules and try my luck again . My dash dtc comes up with these trouble codes as well.
I cant find any info on what each 1 is refering to.
Cheers for your help.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
That may be why it didnt allow it i ganked the ecm alone from another car . May have to grab a turn key setup with all matching modules and try my luck again . My dash dtc comes up with these trouble codes as well.
I cant find any info on what each 1 is refering to.
Cheers for your help.
Each of your faults are to do with communication loss with ECM, SDM and BCM. As well as a loss of fuel data from ecu,

Samb664

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Ill try grab another set of modules and see how i go ill keep you posted . Thanks for your help

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Ill try grab another set of modules and see how i go ill keep you posted . Thanks for your help
Constantly swapping modules might not be the best idea. If theres damaged wiring somewhere then this could be causing instant damage to the modules. or could be as simple as a blown fuse.

Rich00

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6, vy2 ss crewman
Any update on how you fixed it? My vz sv6 is doing near identical, will start only if i bridge the starter relay but for approx 15-30min after running will start off the key.
Mine is also chucking a 'service vehicle soon' and 'fuel guage error' fault. Once started both go away and fuel guage slowly comes back to life
Cheers

Danh89

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ
Any update on how you fixed it? My vz sv6 is doing near identical, will start only if i bridge the starter relay but for approx 15-30min after running will start off the key.
Mine is also chucking a 'service vehicle soon' and 'fuel guage error' fault. Once started both go away and fuel guage slowly comes back to life
Cheers

Mine did the exact same...(‘service vehicle soon’ and ‘fuel guage error’) will just randomly not start every now and then but start most of the time.
Did you have any luck with this mate?