Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 ECU

Gozzybogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi guys,
I have a VZ SV6 active select 5 speed auto which I need to replace the BCM, ECU and TCM as my ECU is failing.
My question is can any one please tell me if the ECU, BCM and TCM out of a VZ Calais will suit my SV6?
The Calais is also the high output V6 and active select 5 speed auto like the SV6 but I'm unsure as to if there is any extra electrics the Calais has the the SV6 does not, both are sedans also.
If anyone can kindly let me know about it I will greatly appreciate it,
Thanks in advance everyone.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You need ECM, PIM, Key, BCM set. The TCM is not part of it.
On the side of the BCM is printed the three digit number and feature level.
The ECM needs to match as well. It will run the LY7.

gluten3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY L67
Hi guys,
I have a VZ SV6 active select 5 speed auto which I need to replace the BCM, ECU and TCM as my ECU is failing.
My question is can any one please tell me if the ECU, BCM and TCM out of a VZ Calais will suit my SV6?
The Calais is also the high output V6 and active select 5 speed auto like the SV6 but I'm unsure as to if there is any extra electrics the Calais has the the SV6 does not, both are sedans also.
If anyone can kindly let me know about it I will greatly appreciate it,
Thanks in advance everyone.
Looking up specs, the Calais had power seats, rear park assist and speed-sensitive windscreen wipers that SV6 did not have.