Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 engine issue

Oscar2020

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
My power train light has been coming on for a few months now. I replaced my spark plugs and the car drive well for a few days and the power train didn’t come up. Until I went to start it up and the engine started shaking and sounded like a WRX. I replaced the coils and gaskets and still had the issue. I narrowed it down to the 5th coil by starting the car and removing each coil. All the coils were working except for the 5th. I replaced the spark plug and tried with the older coils but same issue. Car has done 187,000km. Could this be an electrical issue where the plug for the coil isn’t receiving power?

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
It might be the injectors, same thing happened to me. I changed the plugs, coils and injectors and all was sweet

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Swap the plugs and coils around and see if the miss moves around. If not it's sounding like a faulty injector or wiring like you said.

Oscar2020

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Swap the plugs and coils around and see if the miss moves around. If not it's sounding like a faulty injector or wiring like you said.
Yea I’ve tried using a new and old coil and still had the issue.