Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Sv6 Exhaust

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
hey,

if you all remember there was questions raised about the SV6 exhaust, what to do, what not to do etc..

is this thread still around?

also, i have booked my car in for today and as i type it is getting an exhaust put on.. here's how it goes

after the 2 cats it got 2:1 where a lukey muffler goes.. 2.5" pipe through to resignator through to back of car..

$360.00

if i dont like the sound and performance of my car, which they guarantee i will we will sit there ALL day untill they come up with something i like..

i'll get some pics and a soundclip for you all.. should be around luch time though

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
P.s remembering my car is 05' 190kw alloytech with twin cats not the single cat system on later models (i think it was earlier not sure)

crewzincool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-V6/2005 SV6
hey,

if you all remember there was questions raised about the SV6 exhaust, what to do, what not to do etc..

is this thread still around?

also, i have booked my car in for today and as i type it is getting an exhaust put on.. here's how it goes

after the 2 cats it got 2:1 where a lukey muffler goes.. 2.5" pipe through to resignator through to back of car..

$360.00

if i dont like the sound and performance of my car, which they guarantee i will we will sit there ALL day untill they come up with something i like..

i'll get some pics and a soundclip for you all.. should be around luch time though
cool can't wait to hear it

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Do you have extractors on it? They will make a big difference to how it sounds. From what I have heard, the alloytec sounds crap unless extractors are fitted as well. The exhaust setup is usually single 2 1/2" straight through perf tube front muffler, with a perf tube hotdog on the rear. The only drawback is that the original cats hang a bit low when doing extractors because of their shape as they don't go back in their original position.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
nah.. wrong the extractors dont make a huge difference to the sounmd just a bit throatier..
i got my car back and good news, it sounds like a beast, no 4 cylinder whyne.. just a nice note and some grumble between gears and decellerating

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ahhh, I misread your post. I thought you already had a system on it and didn't like it so you had the car in to get it changed. But you will be surprised as to how much of a difference the extractors make.

matsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE
jst wondering has anyone tried using the existing exhaust system in an sv6 and just removing the rear muffler? any thoughts? i might be trying this as a cheap alternative for now...

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
if you want to know what it sounds like, unbolt it and have a quick drive around the block, just dont drive too long, and dont get caught.