Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Sv6 front end collision

Jarrydsmail94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series two vz sv6 6speed manual
Hey everyone I have a series two vz sv6 6speed manual , I had a collision with a Ute , his tow bar has pushed the front bar all the way to the radiator no damage to that or and hosing, I drove it back home after the crash 6 mins away (yeah I know that probably wasn’t the smartest ) but it actually drove completely fine , I am wondering wether this is repairable and what would the cost be roughly to fix that bar , I have another sv6 exact same as a parts car so have the bonnet , grille, lights etc or would it be cheaper to get the parts car on the road instead but the one I crashed just had new timing chain , new bushes ,, exhaust system and a low km good transmission , I’m devestated and really not sure what to do here

Attachments

• IMG_3688.jpeg
    IMG_3688.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 69

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Insurance would write it off.
If you want to keep the car you might be able to buy it back and do the repair yourself.

To see what the real damage is, you’d need the bumper off and the support bar off.

It’s looking like both the bottom and top radiator support panels are bent. That is likely to have pulled the sides in a bit too.

Structural repairs are going to cost a bomb and whilst it is more than possible to do when you have the right tools and skills, some damage will mean the car will need a structural inspection after the repairs.

Then there is the cosmetic repairs like lights and clips, hoses, ac parts.

Then there is paint and that would need at least half the car resprayed so you’d have around $6k in painting alone unless you do it yourself.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Best get a quote for that but I can tell you it will be way cheaper to buy another car than fix yours. As Fu said that's a write off. If you still want to keep it and fix it don't go through insurance for your car as it will never get back on the road unless you jump through many hoops and hurdles. If you go through insurance and buy it back then best to find another and keep yours as spares. At a guess there is over $10k damage right there.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yep. $10k easy. I’d say $15k in parts, materials and labour.