Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 goodies into vt series 1

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey guys,

Building a poverty pack vt series one and acquired a vz sv6 donor car.

Just wondering what bits are worth swapping?

I've swapped out the door rubbers, felt strips, roof plastics, rear seats, b pillar trim, boot plastics etc.

Need to install front seats and roof lining, elec windows and door cards.

Will the loom for the elec windows from vz plug straight into vt? I've got the power window switches from vz as well as a twin switch from vu s PAC to utilise if need be. Does bcm and all that need upgrading or can I just run power another way.

What else is worth grabbing? Engine is 190kw high output so box and diff are no good I presume.

Fe2 from the sv6 worth chucking in?

Need to figure how to install leather steering wheel. Bag deployed but have heaps of non deployed vt centres.... Any way to fit vt horn centre to vz outer wheel or different clock springs etc?

Just want to steal as much from the sv6 before it gets sent to the "farm" to be with other bent cars

Thanks heaps guys. Will do build thread soon. Im back!

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Thanks heaps mate. Ill have a muck around and update the thread. Would it all pass roadworthy etc wit vz wheel?

Diff is tempting but only a stocko 6, trying to keep costs to a minimum after spending way too much on cars for my x to walk away with em. So free swap over parts only at this point

Keep the ideas coming, cheers guys.

Does anyone know if the vz sunglasses holder bolts into the vt roof if I swap over the lining and somehow wire it up. Hoping the lining from the vz roof has a loom that'll plug straight to vt

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Would it all pass roadworthy etc wit vz wheel?
I've had no issues, but no idea if it's actually legal or would work properly?

Does anyone know if the vz sunglasses holder bolts into the vt roof if I swap over the lining and somehow wire it up. Hoping the lining from the vz roof has a loom that'll plug straight to vt

Mine was a straight swap, you basically take the loom from the VZ all the way down to the bottom of the drivers door which matches the VT loom at that point - You'll also have the rear Courtesy grab handle lights too for the rear.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
You're quite right, little rear courtesy lights too. Time consuming job for sunnies holder than will only fit a toddlers sunglasses. Will do it anyway, haha.

Seatbelts all darker too. Just realised my door cards will be black and dash grey, that'll annoy me