Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz sv6, help stereo mods. subs, amb,monoblock?

shiftyhungarian

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vz sv6
hi there im pretty new to this site, and im sorry if this has already been done. But ive been saving up and i have brought like a kenwood sound kit.
-kenwood monoblock 1000W
-kenwood 720 amp
-2x kenwood subs 1200W i think?

and i was just wondering, could this all hooked up into my vz sv6? to the stock H/U?
if so could you please give me a few tips please:) :bow: hhaha
and if not any other surgestions would be great thanks.

and some people have done to ipod connect? if you have any info on that topic to, it would be much appreciated thanks guys.

all the best.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
It can be connected to your stock unit, but you will need what are called line out convertors. Your far better off though, just purchasing an aftermarket head unit, and then going from there. Especially after you consider the costs of the IPOD mod to you unit, and the extra tuning capabilities even a basic aftermearket h/u would offer..

shiftyhungarian

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vz sv6
thanks for getting back. yeah i was thinking that to. what kind of head unit tho? single din, double din?
there's ones on ebay from like 300 to 450? 2din with gps and stuff? are they good? thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Personally i wouldnt go ebay brand 2din touchscreen.

I'd just get something reputable like Pioneer or Alpine for a headunit.

That's just me though, I don't know enough about car audio haha.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i've persoanally never dealt with a VZ, so i'm really not famialiar with them at all. Are they a single in double din unit from factory? If you know which they are, and you have a budget, then i could reccomend a few different head units for you. Also what type of features are you after in a head unit?

shiftyhungarian

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vz sv6
hi there double din from factory? i think thats what u mean. but dont really have a budget price. i just want something cheap and good.
all i want in the head unit is cd, aux for ipod and radio? maybe a dvd player in it to.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
If your after a DVD player in the unit, then "cheap and good" you aren't going to find.Particualry seeing as you will need either a unit with a built in screen, or adding a slave screen, either way both a fairly expensive choices.Even the cheapest of aftermarket head units these days, have aux inputs on the front of them.Which is just a 3.5mm plug, same as what you'll find on most head phones. But the external audio device, must be controlled by itself, if you spend a little more, you can get direct ipod connect, or full speed as they call it, where you can control the ipod via the head unit itself. theres some cool looking double din units out there, i'll do some links shortly..

shiftyhungarian

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vz sv6
how much expensive we talking about ? 1000+?
double din would better then a single in a vz i'd say. but thats me.
if you could link me that would be great thanks