Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Sv6 performance mods

tim_pilgrim124

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6
Hey guys starting to look into modifying my Vz Sv6.

I'm looking at getting a CPR6 manifold, exhaust, extractors, high flow cats, cam package and a tune. I already have a growler, I was thinking it would be worth swapping it for an otr. Thoughts on that?

My question is in what order should I be modifying my car. From reading up on things once you do the cams you need the tune to get the car running properly.
So should I be aiming at doing that last? Maybe Cpr6 first, than exhaust system and cams/tune last. Keen to hear people's thoughts and mace thoughts.

Any other mods people can suggest as well.

Cheers, Tim

P.s this is my page with my car if you wanted to have a look - http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/224944-silver-vz-sv6-mods-future-mods.html

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Tim,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"I'm looking at getting a CPR6 manifold, exhaust, extractors, high flow cats, cam package and a tune. I already have a growler, I was thinking it would be worth swapping it for an otr. Thoughts on that?"
It would depend on the OTR design to be honest. As there are some on the market that work terribly for the VZ Alloytec given the geometrically constraints. Depending on your budget and how far you wish to go with your build, I would stick with the intake that you currently have.

"My question is in what order should I be modifying my car. From reading up on things once you do the cams you need the tune to get the car running properly.
So should I be aiming at doing that last? Maybe Cpr6 first, than exhaust system and cams/tune last. Keen to hear people's thoughts and mace thoughts."

To give you an idea as to possible upgrades for your VZ Alloytec, please refer to the link below.

Knowledge Base- VZ ALLOYTEC PACKAGES

"P.s this is my page with my car if you wanted to have a look - http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/224944-silver-vz-sv6-mods-future-mods.html"
Nice :D

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

tim_pilgrim124

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6
Thanks mate, how do you rate the orrsom otr that you guys sell? I believe that an otr would have to have more gains over a growler, the growler does have an awesome note. But surely getting air directly into the manifold with a bigger mouth would be the way to go wouldn't it?

I really appreciate the time to help me out. I'll have a look at that link.

Thanks heaps Steve

Regards Tim :)

tim_pilgrim124

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6
Hey Steve
It mentions ported heads.
Is this possible and if so would you know how much it would cost to get done?

Thanks mate

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Hey Steve
It mentions ported heads.
Is this possible and if so would you know how much it would cost to get done?

Thanks mate

I'd throw a guesstimation of $1500+ for a good job.

tim_pilgrim124

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6
Cheers Kiddo

Probably not worth the money and effort than?

Tim

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks mate, how do you rate the orrsom otr that you guys sell? I believe that an otr would have to have more gains over a growler, the growler does have an awesome note. But surely getting air directly into the manifold with a bigger mouth would be the way to go wouldn't it?

I really appreciate the time to help me out. I'll have a look at that link.

Thanks heaps Steve

Regards Tim :)
Unfortunately the Orrsom OTR does not fit VZ Commodore.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Cheers Kiddo

Probably not worth the money and effort than?

Tim

I wouldn't think so. The heads on modern engines flow well enough. Its not an old school 2v :p