Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Problems! #2

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
My VR used to have a problem with loose papers in the glovebox getting sucked up into the fan and making a clicking sound when the blower was operated. I don't know if this is possible with the later models but it's worth considering. Otherwise it could be a leaf that has fallen into the plenum and been drawn in through the air intake somehow.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the fan sounds like a bird quietly chirping and is at constant pitch,

mine has it and every other vz ive driven makes the noise aswell, it just something to do the the fan in the hvac unit

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
hey mate..look at the sponsors on the top of the forum page..gsl rallysport and just chuck in a set of hpx police spec pads..i went all round and they are great because i couldnt get rid of a squeel in the right rear wheel..220 bucks with a litre bottle of oil to bleed the brakes..you shouldnt have to but mine needed it.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I would like to get a full set of HSV items, but havent seen a single set for sale to even get an idea of what theyre worth