Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Problems #3

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
Lucky my computer screen can swivel 180 degrees!

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Are you referring to the clips that are still holding my drivers seat back panel on? just break it all the way off and replace aye? strange they dont allow you to take them off without breaking them.

Yeah dude, thems the ones. You CAN get it off without breaking them, but you'd have to work for holden or something and have been shown how to hehe. The clips are just a throwaway item pretty much

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
OK a bit of an update.

problem 1, the window switch. Tried 2-3 wreckers and none had a single switch. The earliest model car they even had was the VT and none had electrics.

problem 2, havent had time to look further into this, but will update when i finally have results.

problem 3, found out what caused it. I have taken the whole back off the seat(broke 1 of the 2 clips down the bottom) and noticed how the mechanisms inside it work. More importantly, the one knob that stiffens/softens the center of the chair. Basically ive had it as far in(soft) as possible. And this means the band across the cushion and fully relaxed and my weight has been pushing the cushion in a fair bit, causing it to force on the rear panel. Then BAM over time that forcing has broken the top clips clean off.

I hope that makes sense, its easier to show or speak, rather than type and still have it make sense. :p

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
OK a bit of an update.

problem 1, the window switch. Tried 2-3 wreckers and none had a single switch. The earliest model car they even had was the VT and none had electrics.

problem 2, havent had time to look further into this, but will update when i finally have results.

problem 3, found out what caused it. I have taken the whole back off the seat(broke 1 of the 2 clips down the bottom) and noticed how the mechanisms inside it work. More importantly, the one knob that stiffens/softens the center of the chair. Basically ive had it as far in(soft) as possible. And this means the band across the cushion and fully relaxed and my weight has been pushing the cushion in a fair bit, causing it to force on the rear panel. Then BAM over time that forcing has broken the top clips clean off.

I hope that makes sense, its easier to show or speak, rather than type and still have it make sense. :p

No need for further elaboration, I get your drift. It's a bit surprising that the backrest cover can be broken by just sitting in the car with the lumbar support adjusted to the softest setting. I would have thought that there would be some clearance inside the seat but obviously not. New back cover or good s/hand one is the cure for sure, then adjust the lumbar support up a bit.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
yeah the cushion seems to be quiet soft and pushes a fair way back. i can push on the front of the seat where you would sit, and it easily comes out the back to a point that would hit the back panel; with only one hand....

also, i have managed to fix the clips, so will just have to adjust the lumber support to a point where this wont happen again.