Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Seat Swap

weavs94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi guys,

I have a 2005 VZ SV6 and the drivers side seat cushion has collapsed. I have bought another drivers side and passenger seat from another VZ SV6 and am currently changing the seats over. I have just realised that the seats i have bought do not have the yellow clip that connect to the airbags in the seat, does anyone know if i do not connect the airbag clip if that will affect the cars computer and potentially stuff anything up? Also i am confused as to why there are no air bags in the seat, i was thinking maybe i bought the seats from a 2004 model and they don't have air bags in them or?

Any info will be appreciated,
Thanks Josh

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
It will throw an ABS code and you will need to have that removed, but without reprogramming your cluster it will keep throwing the code. You need the same seat, with side airbags...

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
I have a Sept 2004 build SV6 - regrettably it does not have seat airbags. Seat airbags came about April 2005 I think.

weavs94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thanks for those info guys, i was thinking if it was a possibility to swap the two top halves of the seat as that is where air bag is located. It is only the bottom half of my seat that is damaged so just wondering if it is possible to swap the top half of the seat in which has the air bag in it

Thanks Josh

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
I replaced the seat cushion part of the drivers seat. (about $120 for the foam block). I think you could possibly swap parts to make the "legal seats" as the 2004 seat cushion has no electrical wiring in it. The metal work of the back seat frame is probably different owing to the airbags inclusion.

peterhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS 2005 Odyssey Mica
Can you perhaps swap the cloth covering over only with some of the foam? just a thought...

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
old cushion removed.jpgnew cushion.jpg

Seat base fiting