Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Speaker Cover

C

Chim Chim

Hi Guys, as per the poor design from the VT the VZ still has the same brittle speaker covers on doors that mostly wont stay open and tend to swing back on the leg or foot of the occupant that is entering or exiting the vehicle cracking the speaker cover. It happend to my VT and has now happened on my VZ. I see that on the new VE they have moved the speaker to halfway up the door, a much better place for it.

Does anyone know if you can replace just the speaker cover on the passenger front door or do you have to do the whole door skin? Where would you get this part aside from a Holden dealer?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jason

Grumble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 manual
Jason,
I replaced mine with a Holden genuine cover (about $15 I think but a long time ago) after wind blew the door closed on my steel capped work boots. Bugger of a job though. Easy enough to unscrew and get the door lining away from the frame (not all the way off, just enough to get behind the lining) but to get those six or so circular spring clips off the old one and onto the new grill was a bugger of a job. Never went on a tight as the original and lost one clip but you would never know.
Hope this helps.