Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Squeak

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
Hi Guys,

This weekend i'm doing a big service on my sv6 with my dad. Bought a new radiator (90 bucks), water pump (30bucks) and a pipe for the aircon (current one is leaking). I also have this annoying bloody squeak on cold start up that I want to get rid of (since I'm pulling apart a fair bit at the front of the engine - i might as well get it fixed at the same time). I've done a lot of research on what it could be and I know a dude fixed the same problem by changing his tensioner and idler pulley as well as drive belt at the same time. I have included a link to a video of the squeaking sound about 1 minute after the car has been started and it goes away after a few klm's / 10minutes. Do you think it is one of these three things for my squeak as well? Since my waterpump is leaking I have the feeling that it's just the pulley from getting inhibitor on it but I just want to be sure so I don't have to pull apart things again. But if someone knows that it's definitely the idler pulley bearings going or something, please let me know!!!

Thanks for your time and help!

You-tube link of video I took this morning:
VZ SV6 Commodore Squeak - YouTube

DAZ88P

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
I have had the same thing for a while, and I am pretty sure its one of the idler pulleys. I have listened and taken the belt off but cant single out which one.

Bought a belt and idler set for $80 off ebay. The pulleys are Nuline part numbers are EP075 and EP141.

make out

Reaction score
Is it the belts squeaking? Hard to tell from the vid. You could rub a bit of soap on the belts to lubricate.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

pbax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
I just put a new Bosch belt on, was really easy to do.

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
thanks for the input.
replaced drive belt awhile ago now but the squeak came back. changed the water pump which was leaking yesterday and going to buy and fit another drive belt soon. will let know if it stops, although i did report this post so that its deleted cos theres a similar one out there