Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6/SS Bumper Removal

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hey mates,

Just wondering if anyone can help me on this. Months ago i hit my VZ Executive against a kerb on the passenger side. Had to get a new bumper, however the guys couldn't get it clipped on the passenger side, said there's nothing there to clip it onto. Ever since that time its been hanging loose very similar to the picture in Step 6. It's a real eyesore. Anyway to fix this?

Also some wankers decided to key across my car one day. Scratches are minor, but I want to get rid of them. I heard touch-up paint isn't a really good way to go at it... how about some rubbing compound to blend the paint into the scratches?

^^Sorry if that part's irrelavent, but I'm really looking for any possible help.

Thanks in advance.

MerlinSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Commodore
shot the panel beaters or just beat them!

u can get away with just screwing the bumper back on just using the inner gard or Zip ties for the time being

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Already got it screwed on at the guy's place. It was jutting out only slightly at the very edge (the part where it tapers off to the quarter-panel), but it's been getting looser over time to the point at Step 6 (sorry forgot to include that in my previous reply). What do you mean by "shot the panel beaters"? What about those Zip ties? Sorry I'm not very familiar with these terms.

MerlinSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Commodore
Zip ties are a drifters best friend

some panel beaters are slack as thats wat i was refering to

ST3V3

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV6
Thanks for the help man

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 3.6 VZ Crewman
It looks like it does go straight on, I went into holden tonight, got my SS bumper, and made sure before I paid for it that they confirmed it was a straight changeover. The guy was sure it did, so if it doesnt i'll be taking it back there for them to show me how to do it :) I just need to get the foglights for it now, its just a shame my dash wont have the icon that lights up when they're on. Oh well. Thats what i get for not buying an SS in the first place! thanks for your advice everyone.

How did you go installing fog lights? My crewman is getting new bumper this week, there is a red two core wire hanging on each side, are these for foglights? and are these easy to wire up?

REAP3R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive
Hey just wondering if any of you guys are willing to sell a VZ SS/SV6 bodykit to me? thanks.

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
the front grills...would you recommend super cheap to get chrome mesh? and thanks for this thread saves me money to be able to do (mostly) everything myself.

Svu6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey mate can you make a thread on "how to remove the rear bumper"? Was wanting to remove the square towbar. Would be much appreciated.

Charles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Will this removal be the same for my VZ Clubsport