Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6/SS Bumper Removal

west55

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Troy
Great thread, and a bit of time and work putting it together. Well done!
There should be more of these DIY tips etc on this forum?
Keep it up Troy. Ian

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
NOTE
Some versions may also be fitted with 2 more screws located underneath the number plate. If someone can confirm/deny this for me, it would be appreciated.

Troy

My 2004 VZ S pack Ute has the screws under the number plate

Last edited:

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
regardin the clips behind the number plates, all models of the commodore from VR-VE have them as they holde the front bar 2 the reinforcement bar

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
mines got the two clips behing the number plate. there the annoying type that either come out really easy or have to be destroyed to get them out

CacTuar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Standard Ute
Just a quick question, I'm thinking of putting an SS bumper on my executive ute. VZ of course. Will the SS bumper fit on with no worries, or are screws in different places etc.? Thanks, and I will be using this guide to help me to do the work, so just saying thanks again for the usefull guide.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Cac, straight bolt on, just some fiddling with the foglights if you wish to wire them up. Those plastic clips can stay where they are, I just pulled my bar off and then put it back aligned it up and slipped it over the clips, I found no need to undo them at all.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
they only thing that i could see been different is the plastic thing behind the bar that seem to dirrect air to the radiator.
have a look at troys step 7(the one with the bar on the ground in front of the car). the bit that looks like a big smily mouth looks to be the same shape as the lower air intake on the ss bumper.
maybe the exective one is different??? and might not fit 100%

CacTuar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Standard Ute
It looks like it does go straight on, I went into holden tonight, got my SS bumper, and made sure before I paid for it that they confirmed it was a straight changeover. The guy was sure it did, so if it doesnt i'll be taking it back there for them to show me how to do it :) I just need to get the foglights for it now, its just a shame my dash wont have the icon that lights up when they're on. Oh well. Thats what i get for not buying an SS in the first place! thanks for your advice everyone.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
can i add on how to remove a rear bumper on a wagon?

1, remove the phillips head screws from as listed, the 2x on the inside lip in the wheel arches, the mud flaps, on the under side of the bar where the mud flap meets the bar there is an extra screw, remove them too,

2, grab a flat blade screw driver and underneath at the back there a two clips, pry out the centre and remove,

3, open the tail gate, and at the top of the bar there are several screw-centred clips, remove these,

4, now on both sides pull the bar outwards with a bit of force to release the clips, including the ones in the top corners, now, from the back of the car pull the bar backwards and remove from the car,

fitting is the same in reverse,

note, if your pandantic about scratches wrap a a layer of cloth around the tow bar if fitted