Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Test.. MAF vs MAFLESS

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Well, I did some dyno testing last weekend.

Results are in, NO MAF = BETTER AFR'S AND MORE POWER.

Can't wait to get the baby piggybacked and tuned, should be finally unlocking some HFV6 Potential!

img30061kv.jpg

WITHOUT MAF

img30035ku.jpg

With MAF.

So there we go :) Dyno proven :D

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
wow! that thing gets rich up top, eh?! i am having probs with my MAF(i suspect) on my ecotec, i have a new one there yet to put on, i'll do that, fit my rockers and jump on the dyno again......i reckon i can see your 136-odd Kw with my MAF in place:p

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
looks like thats the go ben, I will be gettin the mafless tune, piggyback memcal and aorst at the same time in may. Hell yeh.

benzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Yes, but this is a stock engine, minus MAF. Unopened. Only mod is a Twin 2.5" catback and a hot air intake ;p (Unshielded pod in bay)

benzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
highendrev said:
looks like thats the go ben, I will be gettin the mafless tune, piggyback memcal and aorst at the same time in may. Hell yeh.

Mine's not actually a Mafless tune. That's just the maf removed. No tune at all.

Re: The piggyback memcal, let me know how you go power wise, Im leaning towards the HKS Fcon SZ + Navigator.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
ahhh, i didnt know you were running with a stock tune.....i reckon if you pulled some of that fuel out up top to flatten that AFR line, you would pick up a shitload of power mate

benzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
EcotecManiac said:
ahhh, i didnt know you were running with a stock tune.....i reckon if you pulled some of that fuel out up top to flatten that AFR line, you would pick up a shitload of power mate

Yeah I know. Piggyback time :D

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
benzor said:
Mine's not actually a Mafless tune. That's just the maf removed. No tune at all.

so what have you just pulled out maf and then just drive. has the car played up at all
thanks

benzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
wgs150 said:
so what have you just pulled out maf and then just drive. has the car played up at all
thanks

It beeps "Check powertrain", but runs fine. I know the auto's will run in limp home mode.

Ive had it backfire on 42+ degree days, but only twice.

Basically, unplug maf. remove maf. reset PCM (20 minutes), drive car hard to relearn. See how you go performance wise :)
You will need something to bridge the gap from where the MAF was.. Im just running a pod ATM, but ill work something better when I have time.