Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV8 BCM to PCM linking / immobilizer

Hano_03

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 SV8
Hi guys,
I am currently building a vz LS1 race car and I am at the point of first firing of the engine and have no crank.
I started with a VZ SV8 complete rolling shell including BCM.
I then installed a VY ls1 and t56 which included PCM (vats deleted) and loom.
VZ and VY have different plugs between engine and body harness so I rewired this component from schematics in the manuals.
When I turn the ignition on I can hear the fuel pump start, all the usual lights come on the dash and then go out, but when I turn the key to crank, I get no cranking and the following warnings.
"Very Low Fuel'
'Service Vehicle Soon"
"Imobilizer fail"
If I short out the starter relay still no crank, but when I put 12V direct to starter motor solenoid it does crank, so i know the starter motor is OK.
From what I have read so far I think I need to link the BCM to PCM, or bypass the whole system somehow?
Any experience/thoughts or ideas?

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hi guys,
I am currently building a vz LS1 race car and I am at the point of first firing of the engine and have no crank.
I started with a VZ SV8 complete rolling shell including BCM.
I then installed a VY ls1 and t56 which included PCM (vats deleted) and loom.
VZ and VY have different plugs between engine and body harness so I rewired this component from schematics in the manuals.
When I turn the ignition on I can hear the fuel pump start, all the usual lights come on the dash and then go out, but when I turn the key to crank, I get no cranking and the following warnings.
"Very Low Fuel'
'Service Vehicle Soon"
"Imobilizer fail"
If I short out the starter relay still no crank, but when I put 12V direct to starter motor solenoid it does crank, so i know the starter motor is OK.
From what I have read so far I think I need to link the BCM to PCM, or bypass the whole system somehow?
Any experience/thoughts or ideas?
thoughts are put it on a tech 2. You might be on the correct direction with the link. Dont bypass, or emobilizer issues..

Hano_03

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 SV8
Ok I don't have a tech 2, anyone in Brisbane do this sort of thing as a job or hobby?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if u shorted relay and done nothing but u went straight to solenoid and it does work they should be the same wire so id check the relay has power to it encase its just a fuse or if the wire from relay to starter has an issue

Hano_03

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 SV8
Thanks 07 GTS, wire from relay to starter was not connected (my mistake different connectors between VY/VZ).
Now it cranks when I short the relay. If I turn the ignition on and short it, I get an immobilizer fail warning, so ill try and find an auto elec tomorrow with a tech 2

Hano_03

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 SV8
Update
I got the PCM and BCM linked today by a locksmith, (no auto elec in my area could do it).
Now it will crank off the key but still no start or run. starting to think it might be a pcm problem.
Oh well, one step closer, however still come up with mobilizer fail warning

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Update
I got the PCM and BCM linked today by a locksmith, (no auto elec in my area could do it).
Now it will crank off the key but still no start or run. starting to think it might be a pcm problem.
Oh well, one step closer, however still come up with mobilizer fail warning
Im guessing the emobilizer has locked out functions.

Hano_03

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 SV8
Got the PCM checked it is all ok, found out later that I had not connected the IGN/InJector 12V wiring behind the passenger headlight.
Now it trying to fire, missing and backfiring but not running, so i'm still fault finding