Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz thunder Ls swap

00SLAM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Hey guys, have just seized my alloytec motor in my Vz Thunder V6 and was planning on turning it into a project Ls swap or L98. Just asking if anyone has done/heard of anyone doing this and know of any problems they have faced? Also a crate motor was on the cards but I can’t seem to find any. I’ve heard the typical “sell it and get an ss” I’ve put a lot of work into this car and it’s really my pride and joy. Just looking to up the anti.

Thanks!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Yes, people have done this, but outside of getting a complete donor wreck the sell V6 buy V8 sentiment is correct for good reason.

The amount of V8 specific components required and their individual prices, not to mention time spent getting them and making them work together just make selling the V6 and buying a V8 the logical option, it's not like they're thin on the ground.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
In a similar boat only my V6 is running great now.
I’m going to have to sell my Crewman and get a 6ltr SS Crewman. I’m time poor so dropping a V8 in is out.

I totally get why you’d want to keep your car. Mine has black suede insulated roof, insulated doors, everything is like new. I know the car inside and out. It’s going to break my heart to sell it, but I love driving and a 6spd manual 6ltr is a delight to drive.

I can’t remove my roof and trims because replacement costs don’t add up against the value of my time.

Not many 6ltr Crewmans for sale either.

Good luck with it.
Document your conversion and help others out.

Watch the videos by Latys Garage on YouTube. He did a Tonner swap.